SAU Community

if it's not my fault....

Guest tgriffin

As long as you get their details, you don't have to pay a cent.

Meanwhile, if you parked your car and you came back and it had been smashed, and you had no idea who did it - it's your tough luck (same deal if it got stolen).

yep, drive careful. That's the plan....i only drive like....5 times a week and those 5 trips are all the same, 6 min trips, in suburbs. And sometimes to the golf course. I know i'll be driving heaps more, but that's basically wat i do, so i thought for that sort of driving i should be ok.

Guest tgriffin

Oh yeah my bad. I forgot you said "fire and theft", so forget my comments about the theft bit.

But I am still pretty sure if you park it and come back and it has damage, there's nothing you can do about it.

I was very strongly considering just getting 3rd party f&t but I just wanted the cover of comp.

i think fire and theft doesn't cover the total value of the car ... eg just cars does fire and theft but that is only covered for up to something like 4k value of the car .. so if u have a 20k skyline and it gets stolen.. then u only get back 4k minus the excess ... i'm pretty sure thats correct.

hey Tgriffen i am in nsw (sydney) and have P plates (green ones) and am on my second year. it is time for me to do my rego which has expired but has not been 3 months yet... anyways do u have 3rd party fire and theft? what company is the best to go with this and approx how much will it cost? ps. i have lost my licence...

Guest tgriffin

Hey,

I have never got 3rd party fire and theft - only 3rd party.

I think my greenslip is with GIO - but it's currently for a Pulsar, not a Skyline. When I get my Skyline, the dealership will deal with the first years 3rd party.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Originally posted by croat

hey Tgriffen i am in nsw (sydney) and have P plates (green ones) and am on my second year. it is time for me to do my rego which has expired but has not been 3 months yet... anyways do u have 3rd party fire and theft? what company is the best to go with this and approx how much will it cost? ps. i have lost my licence...

croat i think ur getting confused with third party INJURY insurance again.

you have third party injury insurance (green slip), you need that to get ur rego.

you dont have any other insurance :D

and by the way, you cannot any longer get third party fire and theft insurance on turbos, they stopped doing it because people kept doing insurance jobs coz it was so cheap to do :)

don't know about NSW xcuzme, but in Vic, Just Cars, 18 yr old, 7 months of insurance hist, R33 GTS-t, Third Pary F + T, $638

Full comp, $4712. Which isn't too bad considering age and car.

But Vic, Third Party, is still fine for turbos, must be different in NSW.