SAU Community

Hi, I have an r33 gtst s2. I have only had it for nearly 2000kms driving. In that time Ive noticed a loss of power off the mark. Turbo seems fine it really kicks in, but just on initial take off. B4 the r33 i had a Vette so this sort of problem was easy to fix. Is there any way to tune this area. It had a service when I bought it, also the air filter was cleaned. Running BP ultra for the 1st time in it, after running it only on optimax.The tank was almost empty when I changed fuels, does it matter if there is a bit of a mix. Sorry bit new to all this, but definitely enjoying the r33 experience?

Might be worth resetting the computer. Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and put your foot on the brake. This drains the power to the computer. Then reconnect and take for a good hard drive. The computer should then go through a re-learn sequence - a lot of people do this when making any change - from airfilter to intercooler to fuel changes. Some people notice a difference although I didn't when I did it. Mixing fuels won't hurt it driving normally.

• 2 weeks later...

I did as you said last weekend and it made a considerable difference. The car even sounded a bit different. Thanks for the info. A strange thing happened, my rear tyre was dead flat but after pumping it up it stayed up! they are 17 inch gtr rims. I guess it wasnt seated properly. I remember having to drive over large cobblestone road maybe that was the cause.