SAU Community

Carbon Bonnet

STR86T

carmate.com.au or maybee the guys at ADVAN or something?....

carmate would be the cheapest of the lot but i can't speak for the quality (havn't seen them)... so i spose rule of thumb is you get what you pay for? hope that helps.

PM me if you want a custom one designed & made up for you.

I'm an Industrial Designer linked with a carbon/glass/kevlar fibre company. But we need a straight bonnet to rip a mould off first before we can start modifying it. Or just make a standard one in FRP.

Oh, & I just noticed you are in Melbourne. We're in Sydney which is a bit more hassle.

Ben

I'm an Industrial Designer linked with a carbon/glass/kevlar fibre company. But we need a straight bonnet to rip a mould off first before we can start modifying it. Or just make a standard one in FRP.

Oh, & I just noticed you are in Melbourne. We're in Sydney which is a bit more hassle.

Ben

i'll donate my bonnet for experimentation, for a freebie in return :cheers:

I am currently in the process of getting a www.customcarbon.com.au bonnet as we speak. It is genuine custom carbonfibre item, only 6mm thick and around 6Kg light I'm told(R33 gts-t bonnet 27kg). If you want to see it i'll have it on my car just before my car enters with the SAU stand @ autosalon in melb, sept 18-19.

there a little more expensive than the UAS & carmate bonnets, but thats because there the real deal, not just a carbon top layer with fibreglass under. Plus if your like me, with a series 1 R33, then theres only one (UAS & carmate) vented bonnet style, which I dont really like. so custom was the only choise for me :cheers:

Ben

Ooooo! You live in Leichhardt, like me! :cheers:

What is the name of the business you work for and where is it located? I might be looking to have some C/F bit fabricated in the future/

Lucien.

Lucien,

Its a very new company called Sweet out at Penrith. They have done a few things like bumpers/bars, engine covers, air scoops, some std bonnets & a bike fairing. The owner has been working with FRP for years & recently turned his skills towards cars.

They are currnently doing their first full custom bonnet for a guy who is entering his car in Autosalon so hopefully their work will be on display there.

Will post up full details when I've got them to organise advertising and so forth in a couple of weeks.

Ben

hard to describe.....i'll wait till i get it on the car (which will be only a few days B4 autosalon) then take some pics an post em up. costing me around the $1550 mark for the bonnet plus freight etc....

cant wait till it arrives

I am currently in the process of getting a www.customcarbon.com.au bonnet as we speak. It is genuine custom carbonfibre item, only 6mm thick and around 6Kg light I'm told(R33 gts-t bonnet 27kg). If you want to see it i'll have it on my car just before my car enters with the SAU stand @ autosalon in melb, sept 18-19.

there a little more expensive than the UAS & carmate bonnets, but thats because there the real deal, not just a carbon top layer with fibreglass under. Plus if your like me, with a series 1 R33, then theres only one (UAS & carmate) vented bonnet style, which I dont really like.    so custom was the only choise for me :P

Are you getting one like the pic in thr gallery of the r33?

If so, it looks rather plain compares to the UAS and Carmate ones

same vented bonnet as in there gallery, with extra vents behind radiator for cooling (kinda like the VeilSide bonnet). As far as looks go....yeah i guess its a little plain, but its the real deal and different.

Plus as mentioned earlier......only 2 choices for SERIES 1 in jap (carbon top fibreglass under) carbon bonnets, plain with no vents, or butt ugly raised vents right at the front of the bonnet. no thanks, not my taste.

The second one mentioned looks ok in the pic on UAS, but seen on an actual car..........

anyway, each to their own, I like to have a few things a little different from the norm. I'll be sure to post some pics whens its on....maybe even a poll? hehe :rofl: or let me know your thoughts at MAS

cheers