SAU Community

R32 auto to manual questions

I'm new to skylines, and have a particular car I am looking at getting (fairly cheap - but with reasons). I've been told the turbo needs a reco and the owner thinks it may have worn rings, however he didn't come accross as particulalry mechanically minded. Given all this I have been budgeting a engine swap, however I have been thinking about the transmission as well.

Considering its an auto it will give me a bit of extra bargaining power - but I have a question - how easy is it to swap a auto box in an r32 to a manual?

Are there any major differences between the car bodies or dash setups that make it not a viable option?

If I get a half cut am I likely to get the transmission with it?

Thanks.

Having done the swap my self its not such a hard thing to do. things you'll need.

1 Gear box (duh!)

2 clutch master cyclinder

3 Gear box mount ( s13 ones work a treat)

4 Drive shaft...The manual spline is different to that of the auto.

5 Pedal's

6 and the hydrolic line from clutch master to gear box (Pirtec or anyone like that can do it)

All of this shit can be claimed out of a half cut, execpt for the gear box mount and drive shaft. I say the gear box mount because the manual r32 mount is different to that of the auto. But like i said, use an s13 one and that will be fine. Oh and get an rb25 half cut, it will be far better than any rb20 one.