SAU Community

Spoiler Up, spoiler Down

Hey guys,

Me got an '93 R33 and it has one of these electronic front spoiler jobbies. It is supposed to work when over 80km/hr, controlled in the driver's seat by pushing a couple of buttons. Anyways I can only get it to work when i'm parked and have the handbrake on, or so it seems.

Throw some light on the subject!!!!!:)

The buttons are there so you can lower it when parked with the park brake on for cleaning or just admiring after all this is the only time you can see it . It pops back up when the handbrake comes off and activates automatically around 80Kph both up and down.

Anyone want to count up how many times this question has been answered here and on SDU :)

Spot on...

Reading from the manual

"GT Auto Spoiler switch

With the ignition ON the Auto spoiler has 3 modes: UP, DOWN, AUTO. Press the UP switch to have the Spoiler permanently in the UP position. Press the DOWN switch to have the Spoiler permanently in the DOWN position. Do not press either switch to have the spoiler in the AUTO position. In this mode the spoiler will automatically come down when the vehicle is driven over 70km/h and the spoiler will automatically rise back up when the vehicle slows to less than 50km/h"

how do we get a hold of the manuals?????

To My Knowledge no manuals exist except for a comprehensive owners book about $60 www.rmaimports.com.au which is worth having and an engine manual for the R32 which covers the CA18i RB20E, RB20DE,RB20DET, RB25DEand RB26DETT about $160

Some time ago gts32t posted in the sales business forum that he gould get any manuals translated to English for around $180 but was not willing, apparantly, to divulge any further info eg the source manual