SAU Community

r33 gtr gear box in a r33 gts-t

jager

is this possible?

how different are the box, i have an auto at the moment, just wondering wether it was worth getting a gtr gearbox instead of gts-t i still wanna keep it rear wheel drive just the strength, has anyone done this before?

anyone know a link??

yes i did a search couldn't find anything

The internals of the R32/R33 GTR gearbox are basically the same as the R33 GTST gearbox. The GTR box won't work in RWD as the transfer case drive, extension housing, output shaft are all different.

We are up to 650 bhp and 3 years on a R33 GTST box, no problems. Without the loading from the extra traction and weight of the 4wd, the R33 GTST box is pretty much unbeatable for Skyline 2wd application.

Hope that clarifies

ah this all seems very de ja vu. Dont even worry about puting the gtr box on for rwd applications i have looked into this and that cheeper gtr box sounds great but the mods you will have to do will cost more than just bolting on the gts-t box, and you havent even got the gtr box in the car yet. listen to sydneykid he knows all about this stuff and saved me lots of $$$$

i think it's probably not worthwhile since the transfer case would have to have had alot of work done to it or chop it off..... headache to the max! you can get a brand new gts-t box for a little over $2000 at just jap its the way i am going and yes i will document and take pics of the converson