SAU Community

---stolen R32---

chunksmurray

Hey ppl,

My 1992 R32 Gts-t was stolen today from UNSW carpark on Barker St, ie the Street Maccas is on, somtime today after 9:30am but before 4:30pm.

It is/was white, gtr front bar, m spec skirts, spoiler, sunroof and Black wheels. Check out the attached pic.

Rego = ALC - 04R (black numbers on white)

If anyone sees it, or hears anything about it, please call the cops with any info.

My mobile is 0402 342 725 also.

Thanks guys. Keep your babies safe!

You really appreciate them once they go.

Josh

Sorry to hear, I always thought the car parks were secure with the parking police in ther 24 hours a day.

Are you sure they don't have a camera at the security booth at the entrance? Worth checking.

Did this happen on a weekday?

Pretty ****y for them to steal it in broad daylight at uni.

What sort of alarm did you have on it by the way?

thats pretty F*CKED!..... I used to go to UNSW and I heard of ppl getting their keys .... but not really stolen... I notice that since my first year at uni there were more and more hi-po jap cars and heaps of imports.... I even seen this new 7 series with P plates driving around.... so I'm sure UNSW will be targetted by thieves...

Contact the security office and see if they have any info...

Good luck..

yeah i was really suprised nothing happened before because some of the cars in there are crazy, lots of gtrs, supras, 200s, porsches, beemers etc.

the security is always driving around in their little astras, wonder if they saw anything....

Thanks for the support guys.

I actually work there, and know some of the security guards etc. Looks like no one saw anything. Although there is a thought that it may have been a "made to order" crime. Phoned the local constabulary and they said that the area was a hot spot at the moment, for reasons they couldnt say.

But yeah not nice either way. Thanks for your responses. Makes me feel better about the human race...a little anyways. I always wondered what it would feel like to lose my pride and joy... confirmation that it sucks!

Nah u guys rock. Look after your babies. :D

Catcha

Hey Josh,

Sorry to hear about the news mate!!!!!! :D

I was always sooooooo careful with my baby (when i had it ), but as we can all see and know....U CAN NEVA BE CAREFUL ENOUGH!!!

Dude you now will be stuck driving ur dads Commi Wagon:mad:

Oh yeah if ur confused who it is........hint = Berlinda's family

Jess's b/f

Yeah its Iain

Neways soz about the news again...hope it turns up...i'll be keeping my eyes out big time for ya!!

Cheers Ando

Guest AngeLissA

oh that so sucks...scary too for us unsw ppl, especially thinking of the days when i had the r32. :D

is it because its stuvac so theres less ppl using the carpark? will definately keep my eyes open..

Hi all,

Yes it is very bad, these days you cant leave your car anywhere, the thing in josh's case is he had no alarm or immobiliser, and although it is easy to say in hindsight everyone should have one installed...if not turn your clublocks around so they cant get to the lock and maybe disconnect your ignition, the papers say they are using wrx's and sky's for ram raids atm so we all need to be extra careful, no where is safe... and also if your cars not insured dont leave it...lucky in this case it is but thats the only good point, but now I guess there is one less sky driver who has been relegated to driving a s**tbox...but oh well these ppl will get theirs in the end... this is also the reason why we all have trouble selling and insuring our cars because of scum like the ones who have taken josh's car, good luck bro I hope all works out well for you.

Scott

Originally posted by gdzook

...the thing in josh's case is he had no alarm or immobiliser...

and also if your cars not insured dont leave it...lucky in this case it is...

chunksmurray, just curious how you managed to insure your car with no alarm or imobiliser?

I guess the insurance company didn't require it.. but i think maybe its better it didn't have any alarms in this case cause if they cant steal it they would have just damaged it in all likely hood. Still the real question is why ppl feel the need to take others possesions rather than working for their something to call their own that they can be proud of. In the end khama will get these scum, maybe one day we will be able to leave our cars unlocked like the good old days....the way it should be.

Scott

Sorry to hear it dood, my car is either in the barker st car park or around willis st or on barker st. I've been badged there but never stolen. Hope u find it in one piece, u always in the permit parkin spots right?

Hmm....my car was at uni all night last night i've been here 24 hours straight nearly, i think i'm gonna go check my car!