SAU Community

Snippet from local paper (SE)

SKY031

Its a good idea, but i cant see it happening. As mentioned by kaz the place isnt a 1/4 mile track and to get it up to scratch would cost to much money for the government. There was complaints not long ago about the easternats beacuse of the amount of noise the cars made by the locals, having an open drag event there once a month isnt going to sit to well with the locals i would guess, they'll have something to say on weather or not this proposed plan goes ahead. My guess is that they would be the ones that stop it all.

As a resident, (I live within 5 minutes of the track, and hear everything that goes on) I would prefer that the track is opened once a month so people can "get it out of their system" rather than turning Westall Rd into their own personal drag strip.

As a resident, (I live within 5 minutes of the track, and hear everything that goes on) I would prefer that the track is opened once a month so people can "get it out of their system" rather than turning Westall Rd into their own personal drag strip.

Unfortunately you're probably in a distinct minority.

Everybody thinks these things are "a good idea" but also suffer from a severe case of NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard).

You see it everywhere! Example: They've been trying to get a BMX/Skate park setup in my area for ages, the council agreed to it, all the residents say yes in principle, but as soon as it's propsed within 1km of their house they suddenly get VERY vocal in opposition.

Edit: Another thing that shits me is when people move to a housing development near an airport cause it's cheap, then air traffic increases over the years (big suprise!), and suddenly their up in arms. ffs you moved next to an airport, deal with it, the council should make all residents in those areas sign something when they move in.

Back when Sandwon was built, there was hardly any housing in the area.

The only thing around was the Necropolis (Crematorium/cemetary) , and as we all know, dead people don't whinge.

The track has been there for over 40 years....

If anyone gets to have a say, it should be the residents who have been here at least that long.