SAU Community

Value of my R33 GTSt 4 door?

Value of my R33 GTSt 4 door?

I have found a car I am interested and will probably need to buy it before I have a chance to sell the skyline so I need to know what I am likely to get for it I’m not game to base my decision on what others are advertised for. So far I have seen some go for $22,000 and have been told by a dealer $15,000 max.

It is a 1995 White R33 GTS25t manual was auction grade 4 when I got it 3 years ago.

It has 95,000 km on it now and had 70,000 when I got it. I have done minor service every 5,000 my self with using Motual oil and workshop service every 10,000.

A few people who didn’t know what it was have mistaken it for a new car.

It has barely even been driven in the rain since I have had it.

Mechanically it is dead stock but has a full Whiteline suspension kit and strut brace.

It also has a custom towbar rated to 850 kg that has only ever been used to tow a motorbike trailer and one bike 350 kg total and I just spent $600 getting windows tinted with 3M carbon film.

So what do you think I might get for it?

Looks like a nice car, but I don't think you'll get $22000, because it's a 4 door and most people go for the coupe, plus it's series 1 and series 2 go for more

Probably $18000.

The dealer's given you a low valuation because he wants to make his margin. So if a dealer is going to give you $15000 you know it's worth at least $3000 more than what he'll pay because he'll go and sell it for $23000.

I've seen 4 door R33 at stagering low prices compared to the coupe.

I've seen these mint cond for 12-14K, dont ask me what the go is though, they all seemed legit and advertised locally to.

They dont interest me enough to investigate, thats just what i have seen these advertised for in the Sydney NSW area.

• 1 year later...

i bought my 1995 white manual sedan gts25t wtih 76000 on the clock, and same with you everyone said it looked like a new car ;-) but yea i got it for $13000 which i thought was a bargain. its stock as a rock 100%. was thinking of selling it for more but i love it so much. would be hard to find another ;-) oh and mynes was auction grade 4 aswell

SII R33 Manual Sedan

bought it for $20,000 2 years ago, was advertised at $23,000. So i reckon mine would be worth about $18,000 now but its got 135,000kms on it ;(. only 34,000 are mine. So if you can get $18k for yours i would take it.

cheers

Evil

Another factor people may not be considering is the low price of R34 4-door sedans. In some ways i prefer the look of the r33 sedan but I'd probably still choose an r34 just because its newer and I prefer the front bar, taillights, extra power, and tiptronic auto of the r34.

You can get r34 4-door sedans for around the low $20k mark for a good one. A newer model thats around the same price will generally push the older model down in price a bit.

Just something to consider - from a buyer's perspective i suppose. (although I am not looking to buy one - i chose a s2 stagea instead - better interior/boot space, and very unique).