SAU Community

Clutch :(

QWAK

My clutch is slipping under boost so I am pretty sure that i require a new one. Rang one place that quoted me $1000. This sounds a little high after reading a few threads. My car isnt running a lot of power. Only has zorst, k&n panel and 10 psi.

What sort of price should i be looking at to have a clutch supplied and fitted? the daiken heavy duty seems to be a favourite round here. i thought around the $700 mark or am i completely wrong.

Any ideas or advice much appreciated

Dick.

Ring around mate...

i got my daikin heavy duty BUTTON installed for $650 which was a bargain...that place is now closed down...however i got a few quotes from places close tot he $750 mark

Daikin is like a brother company to exedy....my pressure plate is exedy and the clutch is daikin

Try looking at the UAS website, they have ceramic puck clutches that i ran in my GTST, the thing lasted a little over 2 years with plenty of track work and never slipped. When the friction material was all worn out i got an Xtreme ceramic puck clutch and whislt it drives a little bit better, it slips with only 220rwkws:( Day to day driving its ok, but if i launch it hard in 1st then it will slip in 2nd, 3rd, and if you keep going it starts slipping in 4th:(

$595 exchange or $750 outright...im thinking about selling my Xtreme one and getting another one of these

sky6fingerclutch.jpg