SAU Community

Sending Bulky stuff back to OZ

C110GTR

Hi

Anyone knows a cheap and safe way sending car parts back home? from Osaka to Brisbane to be exact.

I got a metal Grille around 150cm length by 30cm 13kg

and possibly 4 x 15 Inch wheels

EMS or SAL will be the cheapest option that i know right now... instead of going through private packing/moving company.

How about going through Exporters/Importers? like they can put my stuff in their container right?

If anyone could help me out that would save us a lot of money as we are on a budget as well.

Cheers!

thanks in advance

Rob

If you want I can get you a quote for putting the stuff in our container that we have comin down. Basically you have to pay a share of the freight cost and packing cost, and then the appropriate taxes n duties. We don't do any devaluing goods and other dodgy stuff tho, so its all by the book.

• 5 weeks later...

you should be able to bring it through as luggage - I can't see why not, surfboards etc, are well over those dimensions. I'd definitely pack and protect it very very well though.

If I go home in august, I'll be bringing a front bumper with me this way

thats what I want to hear!!!

I packed it with bubble wrap and in a very strong box.

I'm thinking of just hand carrying my Flares wrapped with bubble wrap, as if I put it in a box it looks big but empty.

Well I will let you know cos I'm going back this month.

Cheers!

Hi I just tried to send my grilles by Japan Post and they have a maximum 105cm and 20kg

mine is 150cm and 20kg so its a no go for EMS for me :rofl:

The airline will charge me 3,100 Yen per kg that means its gonna be 62,000 YEN!!!

tried shipping/moving company and they want to charge me their minimum 1 cubic metre for 70,000 YEN

Anyone got a container going back to australia? chuck my box in and i will chuck my share?

Anyone got an idea on how I can take this back home?

Cheers!

Troy...your offer is very generous but the problem is time for me as I will be leaving thursday morning. So last day tomorrow (today 12:37 am now). I guess I will just take it with me and pay the excess rate of 3,100 YEN per KG.

And yeh my GF says hi

thanks

SAL isn't actually that slow. I regularly post stuff back to NZ marked SAL, and it gets there in about 7 days (even though they quote 2 - 3 weeks).

It only really ever gets bumped off the flights if the post is really busy (ie the end of the financial year or Christmas)

You should be OK.

Use this tool to find the best option for you:

http://www.shipping.jp/en/intl.html

IG

IG