SAU Community

Leaking fuel from GTS25

bucket1577

Anyone else had a problem with fuel leaking immediately on refilling. I've been plagued with this since I got the car (nearly 3 years now) and have tightened the cap on the fuel tank bewtween the rear seat and boot, replaced a length of fuel line which was delaminating, both of which have helped but the problem still persists! I'd like to hear from anyone that may have had a similiar problem and the remedies used.

So you dont know where exactly its leaking from. hmmmm when i get time i'll load up the nissan fast program and save the fuel tank and related diagrams for you in jpg format so you will know where every possible point is where fuel can leak from ..

Thanks, Mick. I had a PM from a member the other day who suggested I look at the fuel filler, apparently there's been a lot of problems with poor compliencing when fitting the restrictor for unleaded fuel in the filler neck. I'll have a look at that first. I did locate a dodgy fuel line leading from the cap on top to the actual tank and replaced that, but it has re appeared more recently and this time with no stuffed lines. It only leaks when filling the tank to full and doesn't when just driving so the filler cap is my next job.