SAU Community

Cefiro quirks

someonestolecc

Yeah but 2 weeks ago I was at work working my fat ass off (well.. my fat ass has stayed..) and new years wasn't a good time :)

But yea I'm planning to have my alarm done by then so p'raps it might be a matter of just having it installed without the motor and remembering to lock my door. Then when you can show me how it's done I can re-hook it up later.

wait... you say your dad is away ay? :evil:

no my dad's at home with the cef (it being his car and all)... and i'm away (coz I live in VIC)...

um if you're gonna pay someone to do the alarm you'd be better off doin the whole thing in one go. Perhaps I'll get Danny to outline the whole process when he gets back (might be quicker n easier).

As for scaring the passengers, my cousin calls it the "kidnapper feature", coz she always gets creeped out by the fact that it locks her in when I start driving.

Funky that's a good idea. I might have a go at the alarm myself - then I can add a few extra tricks :thumbsup:

The door auto lock novelty factor is all good I'm just over when people go to open it they are like wtf.. then i have to hit the switch. Then if they're impatient they were trying to open the door when i hit the switch so then i have to hit it some more times. :uzi:

i've got no central locking anymore(had it when landed though), never had the doors auto locking though. My lock all button works too. My 105kmh ding gets drowned out by the exhaust hehe.

I wouldnt mind getting central locking working though as it is handy.

i've got no central locking anymore(had it when landed though), never had the doors auto locking though. My lock all button works too. My 105kmh ding gets drowned out by the exhaust hehe.  

I wouldnt mind getting central locking working though as it is handy.

Baby steps Mark, get the car running first :)

another quirk is.....or nice luxury type item is the steering wheel coloum how it moves back and forward ...not just up and down .....i thought that was pretty good ......

not sure how many cars actually have that

For the auto lock i'm pretty sure if you cut the wire running to the ECU that controls the speed cut, then it'll disable the auto locking, and it's a cheap way to remove the speed cut. The downside to this is that the hicas light on the dash stays on, I just took the light out of mine, but come time for inspection, over here in Okinawa all of your check lights have to work, so i always have to hook everything back up. I'm not sure about the beeping, mine was stock turbo so it didn't have that, but it's probably controlled by the same wire

Anybody ever wonder why cefiro's use a mechanical speedometer in the dash, but they have a wire monitoring speed to the ECU? They should've made the dash electrical because i'm getting tired of changing the dash because that stupid little ring keeps cracking