SAU Community

After some of the stupid little shitfights in SDU, and even the big serious fights/disagreements/bloody whatever, im going to set up a list of people who will act as mediators, either online or in person. This will be to sort out anything that needs sorting out. It will happen so we might as well have provisions to deal with it. Probably wont be needed for some little thing between 2 people in a thread though (i hope!)

anyone want to put their hand up? we obviously wont need many.

i think it's up to the moderators and admin to take care of stuff like that. if we acknowledge mediators too we might have too many chiefs and not enough indians. there might be toes stepped on and so forth.

why don't you guys give us good reasons vs bad ones on why we should/shouldn't have mediators and we'll implement it if it's viable.

A mediator is like a middle man, say two people get into a stupid fight, they bring someone in (a mediator) to let the two sort things out and keeping things resonable and civil. Not a bad idea, hopefully things won't get to the point where we need any, but i personally don't think officially recognising anyone as a mediator is neccessary. If things happen, there are enough senior members around to hopefully step in and settle things down anyway. To me a moderator is to keep things on the board running smooth, now even though this board is a big part of the club, i think there's a lot more too it and mods aren't always gunna be able or suitable to mediate between people, either in person or online.

I think we just have to take things as they come, and hope everyone is mature enough to sort things out. I havn't seen any real arguements on here yet that have gotten out of hand and think we keep this trend going.

Guest Boxhead

well.. i think anyone fighting on these boards would be ridiculous, like, i thought we were all here, to use each others knowledge of cars, to help our own knowledge, and get each others cars going as well as each others

michael.

boxcar racer.. even though the idea of ppl fighting on these forums sounds stupid it happens alot and will happen as more and more ppl join up..

i dont agree on the idea of mediator's, as onarun said u cant have 101 and chiefs and no indians.. just have each section moderated by the assigned person as was in the previous forums..

if 2 or more ppl wanna bitch they can do it over email/icq or whatever..

just wanted to put something in place to sort out what will inevitably happen, especially between a moderator and user.

didnt think there were any cons. just trying to ensure the club doesnt go downhill as SDU did. Each state can just sort out what they want to do anyway.

• 2 weeks later...