SAU Community

My situation and my plan :D

stÖrmy

yer damn they are old :)

ok well hmmmmm, i guess i will scope out some other old cars, can you guys list some others that are fairly decent cars ? that wont kill me with insurance and also wont cost alot to maintain ?

EDIT : btw, besides a turbo, is there anything else i could chuck on the car to make it just that little bit better to drive? something cheap ?

i dont want to spend like 1K on a new exaust or something for a 20 year old car :(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, just a few other questions i got if u guy can help me out with.

is there any mods i can install to my car, that dont revolve around a turbo ? bassically i mean mods that you dont need a turbo, but still help.

and does anyone have an idea how much permits cost, or does it very from each mod ?

i would insure under your own name as its a cheaper car and you can build up an insurance record ready fo your more expensive car and then you can have a no claim bonus and it will be easy to find insurance for yourself in the future...

No power steering is only annoying if the car weighs heaps, is front wheel drive :D or is in need of a wheel alignment/tyres etc. A lightweight rear-driver such as the corolla mentioned above should have very light unassisted steering.

More importantly- it will also use bugger-all fuel, cost bugger-all to insure and cost-you guessed it- BUGGER-ALL to buy in the first place. AND you won't worry about it when you park it in a dodgy pub car-park, or next to the trolley return at the supermarket.

Learn to drive it really well, and experience the warm glow that comes from embarrassing the inept drivers of much flashier and more expensive cars in your old shitbox. Then when you buy your Skyline/Silvia, you'll know how to drive it well AND will appreciate it more.

ya well ive been trying to find a cheap carolla but like i said before they are all expensive, most of them are done up really nice, i seen one for 13K....

my bro's magna is front wheel drive, and non power steering, and its really ****ed up for parking :D

ya well ive been trying to find a cheap carolla but like i said before they are all expensive, most of them are done up really nice, i seen one for 13K....

kekekegay.gif

i think ure looking at the wrong sort of Corolla.. the one these guys mean is the Corolla thats older than you.. old but reliable and cheap

the one i saw was 1982 i think.

can someone give me the full name, cause someone said sprinter, someone said ke70, someone said ae82 and ae86, i dunno if they are all the same car.

but can someone give me the full name of this damn car LOL..

btw, if i want to get it inspected before i buy it, do i do that that the local petrol station or is there a specific place to get it done?

any idea how much it will cost?

Yep ure looking for some 4age powered 20v super fast doof doof mobile arent u.

Find a ke70 with the 4ac in it, should cost you about $800. Try to get it with less than 200k on the clock and it should be fine. Then get 3rd party property for it for about $135 a year which will help you build up a no claim bonus and if u ram a merc u wont be in the hole for it. No point insuring a bunky with full comp.