SAU Community

Replacing head lights / head light covers.

One of my head lights looks brand new and the other looks cloudy and generally 10 years old. I'm assuming one has been changed at some point and I'd like to change the second one to match it. So, my questions are:

1. Can I replace just the head light cover, or do I need a whole head light assembly?

2. Where can I buy what I need?

3. How much is it going to set me back.

I would call Nissan Spare Parts, but it's almost 9pm at night and I'm sure they'd charge a lot regardless. Or are they the only option?

yeh i would think you would have to get a complete headlight as the whole thing is connected (cant take off the plastic cover to clean the inside).

Wreckers should have them so just get one that looks just about the same i suppose unless you want to fork out the smackaroo's for one from nissan. some people sell lights in the for sale section from time to time, might be worth a look.

As for polishing, it will make the dirtier light better but you would still be able to tell that the newer one is better still.

Mine looked really shit... they were yellow! I had them polished with an electric buffer (with cloth head) and some meguires polish and they look farking awesome now! A friend has brand new headlights and mine look no different. Give it a try. :/

Mine looked really shit... they were yellow! I had them polished with an electric buffer (with cloth head) and some meguires polish and they look farking awesome now! A friend has brand new headlights and mine look no different. Give it a try. :)

mine are a little yellowy.. did u polish the cover from the inside of the light or just from the outside?

also, my lights seem really bright and look as if they're pointed a little high and ppl infront get annoyed that my lights flash in their rear view mirror (they often think i have my high beams on). do i just put weaker bulbs in, or can i adjust the lights to make them point lower?

mine are a little yellowy.. did u polish the cover from the inside of the light or just from the outside?

also, my lights seem really bright and look as if they're pointed a little high and ppl infront get annoyed that my lights flash in their rear view mirror (they often think i have my high beams on). do i just put weaker bulbs in, or can i adjust the  lights to make them point lower?

I only had to polish the outside... a lot of people think the inside needs to be done (as did I at first) but you only need to do the outside. Believe me, it works a treat, they look brand new.

You probably only have to adjust your bulbs, check to see if they sitting in their sockets properly and that the wire bracket is holding them in place correctly. :)

P1E.

You in South Australia?

why dont ya check out Car Toys on (Port Rd [i think])? They do some sort of internal headlight treatment especially for the R33 and soarer front lamps. They come out chrome internally, instead of the ugly dark stuff that comes standard. I cant remember how much they are charging however... i THINK that the Red R33 that used to be owned by the JMS boys had the treatment done, looks pretty nice!

What i do with mine, i use the AUTOSOL metal polish on the outside cover, they come out pretty clear after that anyhow.

If youre not is South Aus, i apologise for my lack in observation!

500 damn im happy with that rma on the coast said it was going to cost me 670 dollers for a second hand one and they are rare to find. Bunch of dicks im sick of people ripping of import cars.
that's bullshit...what a rip off..

ring around some wreckers - one in Adelaide was gonna charge me just over $300 including freight to Canberra.

$670 is ridiculous :cheers: