SAU Community

r34 gt-t or supra

rsx84

which would you buy, the turbo r34 2door or a N/A 95-96' supra being that my budget is $30,000? for this $$ i'd be looking at an auto version of ither  :kick:

For $30k, you'll get a TT 6 spd Supra. IMHO go the Supra... I took one for a drive, and had a ball.

n/a supra's are still fairly quick, good old supra engines, but yes if you want somehting newer maybe a gtt is the way to go as many supra's are now getting a bit long in the tooth.

TT supra shouldnt be left out of consideration so test drive all three vehicles i say and get what you like best along with what suits you better...

for 30k, u can look at TT supras

anyways, i had the same dilemma back when i got my car ..

from my budget, it was either a 99 r34 gtt or a 93-94 tt supra

r34 won due to:

* Newer, as the supra was approaching 10 yrs old. Though i love the supra, i couldnt convince myself to spend the $30k to buy a car of that age

* Supra's are becoming more common in syd (not to say that r34's arent but relatively there are a few more supras running around than r34s)

* Its my daily driver, so big power and drag battles arent on my priority list

however, with that said, i wouldve picked a 97+ supra if i had the chance =)

my 95 GTS-T very lightly modded doesn't even have a FMIC ripped my friend's 94 supra N/A and we both spent 20K on each.

but the r33 handled so much better aswell so i'm assuming the R34 would kick the crap outta supra in the handling department.

been looking around to night and came up with these as the leading examples so far:

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showth...read.php?t=3672 link to supra

http://autopages.autoweb.com.au/cms/usedca...77/vehicle.html link to r34 gt-t

love the nismo kit on the r34....

thank for the replys guys.......

p.s. as of this afternoon budget may have gone up $13,000 as have strong interest in my HR30 coupe....

"links and pics are prime examples of what i would be buying not saying i am buying either of these"

My Choice GTR33 (Anything from $33k --> $55k)

THEN

SUPRA TT (My friend just picked up a 96 Model Black TT Supra wif FMIC and exhaust compiled 98 with 80k kms for $30k after bargaining) Nice car, good power BUT not practical what so ever, back seats useless Boot is useless..

THEN R34 GTT ( i don't really like this car.. too over priced)

thats my 2c..

GOod Luck!