SAU Community

why you shouldn't let your wife drive the car tro the christmas party

meggala

good to see that no one or thing is hurt too bad. this bloody melbourne wet weather! I have only driven my car in the wet once before I came here... you really have to be on the ball... just 15 mins ago I took an easy left turn in 3rd at about 60 in didnt even think i was acceling very much and the back just ripped right out.... better go clean my seat now :)

well, my plan was to try and organise a driving course with the murcott driving school with a group of SAU ppl. That way, I wouldnt have to panic if it happened again... should be able to get a good rate as my dads friends with the owners..

I will call them up sometime next week and try and get some pricing then post a thread in events to see who is interested.

Dave

i will be in... as will a couple of others i know. been wanting to do on for a while now and was just thinking about it half an hour ago. keep us posted!

gee meggala... I just got home from work n see ur post...

good that no one was hurt. it was pretty slippery road too in the afternoon as it rained...

hope u'll get ur car fixed soon with no major hassle!

I'm getting me mechanics to put in that organic heavy duty. How much off hand does it cost ya meggs?

I was quoted $450.

Dammit, the freakin' action of ma clutch is getting higher and higher. ANd I'm talkin' weird today...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I know you said no amps in the boot, but there's enough space next to the battery for a pair of modern small foot print amps OR one small 6x channel amp. This is what I did over 6 years ago, used 2x marine amps (no decent 6x or 5x channel amps back then)
    • Pressure delta gauge is pure pron. No guessing, no excuses.
    • That’s the one. Yeah, the seller has confirmed the base ECU is from a manual car.    To be honest, I’m only worried about the TCS light being illuminated due to registration here in NL - unsure on rules. Back in Japan, we weren’t allowed to have any permalit error-related lights (or so my shaken guy said).    Looks like this Nistune is the way to go then, appreciate it GTSBoy, and the others that chimed in.   
    • Oh, me rikey very much.
    • There is no impact. Granted, mine is in an R32, so there are a couple of other things going on, but.... my auto ECU came with the auto engine. Bolted it up to the manual gearbag and suddenly the TCU is just spare parts along for the ride. The ECU doesn't (really) care. Nistune is the fixer of all wrongs. I have no ABS CU or traction control. That would be a recipe for fault codes and permalit check engine light. But....just go into the diagnostics pages and turn them off. Presto, ECU no longer cares that it can't talk to those CUs. If you're worried about the TCS light being lit on the dashboard for some rason (that I am not catching right now), then.... remove the globe. No-one needs the TCS anyway. That is what throttle control is for. I certainly don't have it - haven't missed it in 12-13 years or so. Never wanted it.