SAU Community

N/A insurance?

top stuff greg. i agree with ya completely. but the only reason i would consider full comp is in the event of theft. what happens if the car is never recovered ? or is recovered but burnt to crisp. yes, 3rd party theft and fire sounds good. but remember the payout amount is 5000 minus excess. sooo the max u can get bak is 4200.

any car worth under 10k is not worth full comp. 16k, yeh i would say so.

Yeah i agree with Greg... that's really how i saw it. I'm with Just Cars. they were the only ones who would insure me. THey quoted me $3500 for full comp! BUT $750 3RD party fire and theft. and i'd pay 800 excess in even of fire or theft and get $5000 back = $4200. i tried everyone and NO ONE woudl insure me.(except just cars)

• 2 weeks later...
Checked my insurance papers today, and its infact $699 3rd party, and $849 for fire and theft..

$1399 excess....

And i get if the car is written off and im not at fault i get $3000 back..  

Bonus is im allowed unlimited mod's as long as they're legal!

Which isnt to bad.

And yes, the insurance company really didn't care if it was turbo or non turbo... the fact that i was 16 is what they cared about.

Dayne

If the car is written off and your not at fault you get the market value of the car back. (If it's not your fault they just claim it on the other persons insurance).

But yeah, I'm running a 1989 Nissan Silvia CA18DET turbo, third party property fire and theft, auto, 19 years old etc etc, $550 a year.