SAU Community

c.a.p.a drift ute.... hate it or rate it?

hey guys, im just watchin some drift vids, which is the first time ive seen the new capa ute drifting...

was just wondering what others think of this ute?

personally i dont think it belongs on a drift track. just the same as skylines and silvias dont belong in v8 supercars or the brute ute series. and being anti holden/ford, i just hate the thing all together.

cheers

Linton

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! I was watching the Autobarn Drift Battle on TV yesterday and that CAPA ute is so gay!!! 1000 RWK is bloody impressive though, but it's a friggin Holden ute. I hate utes and Holden's make me sick!

i just watched speedweek.... seriously, that ute needs to be removed. what about the driver... "why a holden ute in amongst these japanese cars?" "this is australia, why not have an australian car, gotta show em how its done!"

id like to see him up against the some of the d1 drivers, kazuma makes more smoke with his GTRS powered s15.

cheers

Linton

yeah exactly, the stupid commentators were talking it up so much sayin how its the most powerful drift car in australia. Really, who cares?? we all know power figures are far from the name of the game in drift. You could tell the commentators had little idea bout what was going on either. One of them was a total noob, the other had a small idea of what was going on. The driver of the ute pissed me off too, i totally agree with Linton. It was just typical bogan aussies and holden trying to ooze there way into everything to get in some promotion and try and make everyone think that aussie cars can do anything better than what japanese cars can do, which is utter bullshit.

Hi Guys,

I have been at every event that the CAPA Drift Ute has entered.

The driver of the car is new to drifting, and is improving each round he enters. I think it is great for the sport that new and different cars are competing. I do not think it should be limited to Japanese cars.

Robbie Bolger is building a range of drift cars and is recruiting drivers who compete in Full Lock events that have shown talent, i am sure none of you would say no if he offered you a fully sponsored purpose built car with a salary.

He has put a lot of time, effort and money into his ute, and he is continually slagged off on internet forums. Why? Because he has an australian car.

He is a great guy to deal with and has definitely bought a lot more attention to the sport to prove that Drifting is not just for Japanese cars.

Thanks,

-Liam.

Hi guys,

I was one of the commentators on Speedweek. Not sure if i was the Noob or the guy who knew a little.

The issue was, given the time we had we couldn't do too much of the technical stuff or gone into too much detail, or do a loud Japanese style call drift call, given the audience would have no idea what we were talking about, and the footage was edited down so far to fit the time frame. As it was we went over and it was chopped down heaps.

The CAPA ute, as I said on the telecast, is a horsepower machine only and was not match for Mijoc or Vhaoumis because they had the skill and set up. As you would all know, too many people mistake burnouts for drifting.

Bolger is doing a top job and as he gets the hang of it he will improve.

Jeff Boulous

Manager, Oran Park

I also respond to Hey You. I understand the drift ute aint exactly drift street cred, but as long as it is rear wheel drive and safe, who cares. For the record, I have never met a kilowatt I didn't like.

And drifting is a regulated and sanctioned form of motorsport, with proper liability insurance, officials and other stuff that makes it easy to compete and safe for anyone who does so.

If you have seen my Friday night off street drift events at Driftland, you'll know the car only needs to comply with basic safety guidelines. Other than that it can be a P.O.S.

JB

Theres a VN commodore up in QLD that regularly attends drift meets and is right up there and even better than some of the import drifters. It's amazing watching him.

He's even got sponsorship now (wrecked the look of the car), but he does do very well.

The Ute does lack in angle mid drift but man it has some power

But hey if it attracts bogans to the sport and that in turn will make drifting bigger than it is now then i am all for it

However I do echo the sentiment I heard in the crowd at Wakefield... " There is more ego’s (referring to drifters) here than at a v8 supercars round" which I don’t particularly like

I think it is fine to have different makes in motorsport... it makes things more interesting... instead of saying the holden ute should not be in drift, we should saying - why are only holden and ford in V8 supercars.... Toyota and Nissan have V8's, Mitsu and Mazda wanted to get into it as well. Unless V8 supercars change, I predict they will be dead in 5 - 7 years (if they can keep the current (read - no longer in production) engine configuration going for that long....)

There is a lot of bitching happening on the internet about this.

"its embarrasing"

"its sh1t"

"everyone is crap"

While you are on the internet bagging it, the drivers are out there practicing, and their talent is getting better and better. More drivers are securing sponsorship with major companies.

If you are basing your opinion of Australia's drifting talent on the ProClass Drift segment that was shown on TV, you have to remember that the drivers were given VERY minimal time to practice/qualify.

Hopefully some of you guys could actually attend an event, and maybe even enter to appreciate how difficult it is, and how much skill some of Australia's drivers actually have.

:werd:

Just for the record,i think,the australian drift scene would be much better if we all got behind it instead of bagging it,and especially it's drivers.Respect their skiil and commitment.

There are pontiac gto's in d1 usa mixing it up with the best jap cars,australia should be no different.

The only reason that japan doesnt have any cars like ours are because they dont have holden/gm in their country.And im sure given the chance some1 would take the opportunity to drift one in d1 japan.

i dont rate the pontiac gto either. i think drifting should be for jap cars only. the bogans have the v8 supercars, brute utes and summernats.

how great would it be if we got all the b'n's rigs out there into drifting....

with holdens and fords getting into drift, once again our beloved jap cars will be put down by the majority as being "crappy 2 stoke 2 litre shitboxes"

i enjoy going to drift comps and days and watchin my favourite cars doing their thing. just the same as bogans go to bathurst. if i wanted to see holdens and fords attempting to drift, id sit at my local maccas and watch all the idiots in my town. why should i make the effort to drive 3hrs to see holdens and fords and have bogans bagging out the jap cars.

cheers

Linton