SAU Community

2001 stag

tang0

while looking for a stag on the prestige auction sheets, came accross a 2001 stagea ... see link, but the new body style looks really nice, the report sheet says its a 250z rs four ... new name ??

cheers

That looks like a Series 3, late 2001 (the S2's stopped in September). From memory it has a 2.5 litre all alloy V6 (same generation as the 350Z, R35 Skyline and Maxima).:(

As far as I know RSFour doesn't mean 4WD. . I know the N in the model code (WGNC34) means 4WD

Chassis code on the auction sheet says NM35, which as it is a M35 model, that would indicate that it is 4wd.

Judging by this:

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/nissan/s...stagea/2001_10/

.... the M35 RS4 came with the VQ25DD and DET engines, I can't see a 250Z RS4 model listed there, might be a 250t RS4 with the DET engine. Nice car in any case!

Yep - whole new model - not a series 3 or anything... its shortened everywhere to "M35".

It came in a whole range of specs just like the WGNC34... RWD, 4WD, Turbo, Non turbo, Autech etc etc.

Unfortunately after extensive enquiries there is NOONE in Australia even close to getting compliance approved for this model - so dont bother importing just yet. The few Stagea RAWS that I spoke to said they wouldnt be even looking at processing a test M35 for compliance for at least 2 years when the prices come down - coz at the moment theyd be a $40+,000 price point - which would assume most people would instead choose a Sereis 2 260RS.

:(