SAU Community

o2 sensor question

does any one no what you do with o2 sensor on a r34 if you replace existing manifold with extractors and removed cat and run a 21/4 exhaust with resonator and a 2.5 triple flow muffler do you refit it or unplug it or ground a particular wire. and also its a rb20de engine

The o2 sensor is right after the turbo, assuming it is a turbo.

The one down near the cat is an exhaust temp sensor, just incase you have them confused.

Most downpipes & extractors will come with a place for the o2 sensor to be replaced...

Just keep in mind that EPA rats have also something to say about o2 sensors, so make sure it is in right place, and 100% operable as the rats at EPA have acquired a new computer that anylizes everything and shows a graph of how your o2 sensor is operating.

However, it is good for the environment, but also makes a difference in economy, i get around 50k out of a full tank more since i replaced the o2 sensor.

And as 'GTS4nMore' said, dont confuse the o2 sensor with the exhaust temp sensor, to complete different things, yet so similar in shape.

there is no obd ii software for skylines in oz, u can tell it its a 300zx and some things will work but the rats as u call them cannot do jack about it because its inaccurate and not for the right model car.

there is no obd ii software for skylines in oz, u can tell it its a 300zx and some things will work but the rats as u call them cannot do jack about it because its inaccurate and not for the right model car.

Well mate, i dont know about you guys in Brisbane, but down here in Melb have upgraded our systems.

I just went for EPA a few weeks ago, and failed it, he showed me the graphs on the copmputer that test the o2 sensor.

It shows a complete analysis of the things they look for, and in my case the o2 sensor was operable but wasnt 100% like it should be, he asked me about my fuel consumption etc etc, i had to replace it Costed me $155 for the sensor.

2nd pass, it passed no worries.