SAU Community

World Record....?

Guest DIRTgarage

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work and congrats on the record runs. Highest I could find for 2530's on a GTR after a quick search is 501hp@wheels in an R33:

http://www.linney.org/pmj.htm

And this R33 GTR that has a claimed [email protected]:

http://skylineowners.com/forum/showthread....9616#post149616

One more R33 that has a claimed 641(hp)@wheels:

http://www.ridejudge.com/ridedetails.asp?RideID=8152

The Phoenix runs are on a 4WD chassis dyno.

But anyway, how can you possibly lay claim to the world champ 2530 title without a fight? However, you'll get your chance at WSID on April 9 when a special guest is flying in to defend his world title..... Ladies unt Gentlemen, I give you (drumroll)

hogan4a.jpg

Hulk "2530" Hogan, reigning world champion!

Guest two.06l
Would love to know if those Japanese/English/Australian power figures were on chassis dynamometer???

Timing was an extra 4 deg for that run.

Adrian

anyhow...how awesome was it 2rismo....your reaction on the video was priceless. Can you host it somewhere, maybe when you get back to work (dial-up boy).

Guest two.06l
So did anyone take note of the highest outputs for each of the categories?

4 cyl blown....606hp

6 cyl blown....737hp

8 cyl blown....1117hp

dont have any n/a results

we came 4th outright in highest power for the weekend.

I thought so, was just hoping that some other nutter had managed to churn out a similar dyno figure. Awesome indeed. Did it do any track events, or is it still only a dyno queen? :D

In the Dyno shootout comp. yesterday, TWO.06L recorded a mind blowing 627bhp.

which is 467kw. Is this a new World Record for a GTR running 2530 turbos, or for that matter low-mount turbos alltogether. Jim from Croydons is sure it is but we would like to find out for sure. By the way nitrous-oxide running cars do not qualify and must be running on jap pump fuel or equavilent.(we ran VP 103)

That is absolutely mind blowing and congratulations.

Can I ask how you can get 600hp turbo's working well over their designed limit.

Don't get me wrong but my understanding is turbo's are rated for X amount of power and your combination exceeds the 2530's capability by miles.

Just wondering how it's possible. I understand if you don't won't to give away any secrets but could you provide a broad explanation on how you achieved it.

I don't wish to take anything away from this great achievement I am just really interested to know that it is possible.

Cheers

Here is the graph

466_9_dyno.JPG

Great result!

If you have std diff ratios it looks like you're well over the 9 grand mark at the top of fourth? What rods and crank are you running?

Cheers

Gav

Guest two.06l
Great result!

If you have std diff ratios it looks like you're well over the 9 grand mark at the top of fourth? What rods and crank are you running?

Cheers

Gav

Don't you remember us Gav.....we are the ones who do cryogenic treatment. The run was to 8000...our redline is 9200. The rods and crank are stock and our diff ratios are too.

Guest two.06l
That is absolutely mind blowing and congratulations.  

Can I ask how you can get 600hp turbo's working well over their designed limit.

Don't get me wrong but my understanding is turbo's are rated for X amount of power and your combination exceeds the 2530's capability by miles.  

Just wondering how it's possible. I understand if you don't won't to give away any secrets but could you provide a broad explanation on how you achieved it.  

I don't wish to take anything away from this great achievement I am just really interested to know that it is possible.

Cheers

Thanks for the congrats.....well it goes a little something like this.......HKS rate their turbo for the worst possible senario. eg on a stock engine using poorly designed manifolds and dump pipes (stock), standard head,cam timing,intercooling,piping etc.

The more efficient you make any of these pieces of the equation, the more efficient the turbos will become (minimise the losses in the system) Every part of our set-up has been thououghly examined to see if we could cut/minimise the loss and therefore increase the turbos efficiency. Correctly selected camshafts, portmatching of manifolds, and CORRECT porting of head play a crucial role in this.

The velocity of gas flow in the turbine side of the system has to be taken into account when porting a RB26 head, we believe we have got this part of the build spot-on. Too many times old school principles have been adapted to RB26 or for that matter any modern turbo engine build-up and the results have not been forthcoming.

HKS 2530 turbos are designed to be efficient at between 1.4-2.0 bar the results on the weekend were achieved using a lowly 27psi. I think in my own mind that their HP rating should only be used as a guide and not as a maximum figure. As a rule of thumb calculate at least 10-20% higher if you do the build correctly. Paul.....DIRT garage