SAU Community

Intercooler Size

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been discussed inside and out in the past - I did do a search but couldnt find much ..

Im considering putting an aftermarket front-mount intercooler on my S1 R33 GTS-T .. however there are so any different sizes of coolers out there im unsire of which would be best. At the moment i just ave the stock front bar on the car (which I assume will need to be sut back a little?) but will have an aftermarket front bar installed a little later.

Any recommendations for the SIZE of the intercooler to use? Im using the stock turbo , will be running 10-11 PSI, 3in exhaust. Just want something ample .. not overly large, but something that will cool well and do the job.

Thanks all.

I have a s1 R33 & have a Blitz fmic - highly recommend it :)

They are prolly one of the cheapest Japanese bolt on kits around (can by from Autobarn etc.) & are a decent size too - 610 x 266 x 68. Also can handle up to 650hp.

when you switch to a fmic from the stocker and change nothing else you will have a big more lag in the system as there is more volume to pressurize when you open the throttle if you add a bit of power at the same time you do the fmic you wont notice the lag, i had my intercooler done, noticed a bit of lag and then had full exhaust with 3" front dump piipe and cat done and it even'd out again

if you just do fmic only youll get a bit of lag

take it to a good workshop and just ask them how much to fit and supply a fmic with piping etc. i got mine supplied and fitted for $1200 from chasers in south melbourne