SAU Community

Radiator repairers?

Just wondering if anybody has had their radiator done locally, either repaired or replaced, and can recommend a place? Somewhere close to the city preferably.

Also, does anyone know if the top plastic tank can be replaced, or if the whole rad has to be done? I managed to snap the top pipe in half just pulling off the hose :rofl: , but the core and everything else appears to be ok.

Oh, and it's an R33 GTS-T if that makes any difference.....

Any help would be much appreciated.

I had some work done on my car by the boys at Trojan Imports, and they got someone to completely rebuild my entire radiator (looks new now). Cost 165.....you could ring and ask them.

Cheers

G

Just wondering if anybody has had their radiator done locally, either repaired or replaced, and can recommend a place?  Somewhere close to the city preferably.

Also, does anyone know if the top plastic tank can be replaced, or if the whole rad has to be done?  I managed to snap the top pipe in half just pulling off the hose  :D , but the core and everything else appears to be ok.

Oh, and it's an R33 GTS-T if that makes any difference.....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi JD_R33

the exact same thing happened to me not long ago, I got the top tank replaced at natrad.. I think it's just over $200 if you take to radiator to them and around $300 if you get them to remove the radiator as well.. that's the price for my r32 anyway

Thanks for the advice guys.

In the end I decided to just replace the whole thing, so I wouldn't have to worry about it again for a long time hopefully.

Ordered a new rad from Kool Kore at Fistwick today, should be here tomorrow - cost was just under $400 if anybody is looking to do the same.

Add that to the $300 I just spent on the brakes and another $130 or so on kits from Jaycar and it's been a big week. These damn cars are almost as expensive as spouses :)