SAU Community

NS.com Cruise - Hobart 16th April / all cars welcome

PHaT MR30

This was taken from the NS.com TAS section

SATURDAY APRIL 16th - Hobart College Carpark

Ok guys and girls, went to for a run down to Port Arthur today, now took me bout 2 hrs to get down so thatw as good... thinks i need to say is, that i got caught at Dunalley on the turntable bridge waiting for it open n close for 30 mins... so we might be weary of that... however there is a space for 20-30 cars along the canal where we can stop off... so that sorts that out...

so far we have meet at 1030am at hobart college carpark, leaving once we are satisifed we have enough cars... so roughly 1100... heading to our first meet point and also lunch at woolies carpark sorell, for maccas. Then onto dunalley where we park on the side of the road for our next stop point...

there are a few good places we can stop at on the way down, eaglehawk neck is very limited i found out, so i have chosen the "tesalated pavements" carpark... (2nd turnoff (will provide map)) which i guess we will meet at whatever time we arrive... then leaving there at 1245pm to continue to port arthur...

plenty of spots along the way for photos to be obtained, and i will have trusty video camera as will a few of you's...

next stop is Port Arthur historic site (now keep in mind i want to keep this cruise publicly "ok" so i dont want much if any silly behaviour, now dont wanna get to strict and obviously being a small bugger i wont stop you if you do lol...

as i was saying bout keeping the public happy, te next stop is at the historic site, there are two overflow carparks for when it is busy...

now each of these will house 40 or so cars, and are not actually right in the centre of it all... so we can meet there whenever we arrive and wait for all the others to catch up

and have a chat of course

now, someone suggested we do the loop... well i took that way today and was very good roads, as was all the way down (cept for macquarie street) so im happy to go that way if everyone else would like to!, other than that, afetr meeting at PA we can all head our seperate ways home... unfortunatly could not find anywhere to have a game of bball, kick the footy, or have a bat... so maybe leave that for another day

so i best be off and gather all the papers and make up our maps...

once again expressions of interests and changes are welcome...

cheers guys!