SAU Community

Dragin' the wagon.

burkey22

Howdy all.

I ran my Stagea at the local drags last weekend for a bit of fun. The best time I could do was a 16.72 at 130 clicks I think. My slowest was a 16.88 so I was pretty consistent. My reaction times were .5s and .6s.

My question is.

What should I do to my wagon to really get her hopping without losing and preferrably gaining some reliability?

I already have a full 3" exhaust, rampod and an SAFCII my Profec B Spec II should be here next week. I should also have a front mount and a bigger transmission cooler by the next meet, also a carbon box for my rampod.

Is there anything else I should consider?

Id love to get the valve body upgrade installed. If I bought one could I install it myself?

Oh and would it be safe to have my car running 11psi for the whole run? Should I start at a lower setting and then switch it up?

I think thats all I wanted to know.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks guys.

Zane.

My 10 cents (race meeting this weekend, have to move it)

I have been using 10 psi for quite a while now, I can get 7 psi at max stall on the standard torque converter (around 2,300 rpm) holding it against the hand brake and the foot brake. I don't worry about reaction times, it has no effect on your ET.

Note that I have zero mechanical mods, just the IEBC and the DFA. The exhaust and intercooler upgrades will make a big difference.

How were you launching yours?

I had mine for 3 days before I took it down Willowbank. Foot on brake hard and got to about 2300rpmas it started to creap and away I went and did a 16.1 with no mods at all everything standard and still are. About to do the valve body upgrade soon.

just my experience.

Cheers ICE

I have Had two R33,s one auto and one manual and the auto was quicker in std form. Not by much but enough to say the auto is no slower. I say up the HP not look for manuals and u will find the auto only gets quicker!

Went to Adelaide International Raceway last night and did two passes. I managed a 15.2 and then a 15.0 at 91.3 mph. On my second run I went up against a Subaru Legacy GT with similar mods to mine, (full 3" exhaust, R34 GTR intercooler, 10psi, exh. cam gear, air filter, s-afc II). He ran a 15.5 but still won due to a much better reaction time.

It was all a bit of a learning experience for me, so I'm hoping that with some practice, a little weight reduction and a slightly better tune, a high 14 will be achievable.

Cheers