SAU Community

How to LAUNCH a GTR right!!

West

OK, result is in guys. I ran a 12,466@108,20mph with 1,860foot time on TEIN RA, street tyres that wore out ( Phillip Island track day ), Heavy duty clutch.

I did the 12,4 pass with second gear bog down so in my third attemp, i dumped it at 7,5k. There was no bog down, as i slamed it into 2nd, rev was still at 6k which is good where when it bog down before it went to 4,3k, car make noise but didnt go anywhere i then realise the freaking clutch is slipping.

Next time i'll go out try to dip it into the flat 12 or hopefully high 11 with proper GTR rims ( as i still running on 235 front and 265 back ), good tyres, clutch and see how i go. I belive my transfer case still confuse even down the end of the terminal as i look at the tougre gauge i had around 30% power to the front where it should NOT. It should have 100% to rear.

Anyway i only own my gtr for 2,3 months so there is a lot to learn about it but i'm can tell u now i love the launch on the GTR. ****ing awesome.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, result is in guys. I ran a 12,466@108,20mph with 1,860foot time on TEIN RA, street tyres that wore out ( Phillip Island track day ), Heavy duty clutch.

I did the 12,4 pass with second gear bog down so in my third attemp, i dumped it at 7,5k. There was no bog down, as i slamed it into 2nd, rev was still at 6k which is good where when it bog down before it went to 4,3k, car make noise but didnt go anywhere i then realise the freaking clutch is slipping.

Next time i'll go out try to dip it into the flat 12 or hopefully high 11 with proper GTR rims ( as i still running on 235 front and 265 back ), good tyres, clutch and see how i go. I belive my transfer case still confuse even down the end of the terminal as i look at the tougre gauge i had around 30% power to the front where it should NOT. It should have 100% to rear.

Anyway i only own my gtr for 2,3 months so there is a lot to learn about it but i'm can tell u now i love the launch on the GTR. ****ing awesome.

West, 30% is what it should read giving it full throttle.

i know my mates GTR reads like 30% while hes going full throttle 180km/h+if he launches hard

West, 30% is what it should read giving it full throttle.

i know my mates GTR reads like 30% while hes going full throttle 180km/h+if he launches hard

Like said i'm still have a lot to learn about the GTR, i thought it suppose to give 100% to the rear after it gained traction so u can have more power but anyway its all good.

Forgot to mention i only run 14psi. :P

Like said i'm still have a lot to learn about the GTR, i thought it suppose to give 100% to the rear after it gained traction so u can have more power but anyway its all good.

Forgot to mention i only run 14psi. :P

Nice! ;)

I want to buy a GTR R32 soon.. but i mite stick with my sil80 i just bought :P

']someone correct me if i'm wrong on this...but dont GTR's work based on lateral G forces and not based on traction?

they work on both g forces and traction. sensors detect if rear wheels are rotating faster than front and feed power into front accordingly. thats why gtr's need wheel sizes exactly the same otherwise power will be fed into front wheels cause computer thinks wheels are slipping

they work on both g forces and traction. sensors detect if rear wheels are rotating faster than front and feed power into front accordingly. thats why gtr's need wheel sizes exactly the same otherwise power will be fed into front wheels cause computer thinks wheels are slipping

You can have thinner tyres on the front.. but you cant have differnt size wheels and profile tyres.

You can have thinner tyres on the front.. but you cant have differnt size wheels and profile tyres.

You can have thinner, different wheel size and different profile, the thing that matters is the rotating diamiter has to be exactly the same, otherwise the ATTESA will think the wheels are slipping and apply torque to the front. The best way to get exactly the same rotating diamiter is to have the exact same size wheel/tyres on the car..

West: Well don on the 12.4! Thats the same as i ran when i went to the drags, but i was running @112mph i think... but i couldn't get off the line, axle tramp everywhere.

You can have thinner, different wheel size and different profile, the thing that matters is the rotating diamiter has to be exactly the same, otherwise the ATTESA will think the wheels are slipping and apply torque to the front. The best way to get exactly the same rotating diamiter is to have the exact same size wheel/tyres on the car..

West: Well don on the 12.4! Thats the same as i ran when i went to the drags, but i was running @112mph i think... but i couldn't get off the line, axle tramp everywhere.

thats what i said about the tyres man :cheers:..

The GTR race team that was eventually banned from racing way back when had an interesting method for getting off the line. They had a delay switch fitted to the front wheel drive so that the rear wheels would spin and let the engine get to it's 6000rpm with the drive train 100% locked in. Then the ATTESA would kick in and load up the front.

With this method there is no wear on the clutch and the drive train had an easy start. I would imagine the transfer-box would heat up a bit, hence, the transfer case cooler.

thats what i said about the tyres man :cheers:..

You said "...but you cant have differnt size wheels and profile tyres."

You can have different sized wheels and profile tyres if you like, but the rolling diam needs to be the same.

You said "...but you cant have differnt size wheels and profile tyres."

You can have different sized wheels and profile tyres if you like, but the rolling diam needs to be the same.

but if you change the tyre profiles then you will change the rolling diameter :confused:

but if you change the tyre profiles then you will change the rolling diameter :confused:

profile depends on the width of the tyre. Also you could have a difference sized wheel, which means you'd need a bigger profile etc....