SAU Community

Cefiro Questions......

BenA31

Just in the process of doing a few things to my ceffy for RWC/compliece etc...

1. What brake pads do they use? I took my existing ones in but my spare parts place has sorced both front and rear rotors and only one end of the brake pads (believe its the rears) although i think they are stumped as to what front pads i need.

2. I've noticed that i've got a purple label AFM with my rb20det. My previous R32 had green labeled one, whats the difference?

3. What are the rest of you ceffy owners doing to mount your front bars? At the momment mine is only been held on by only 1 screw on either side.

Got few more questions that i might post later when i get some pics of stuff.

Cheers

Ben

I cant remember about the pads. i think i used ferodo 2500 s13 pads

Green Afm is a later model and is not compatible but if you need a spare you will find one on a r31 GTS T or i think an a32 maxima.

there are 2 pop in type fittings directly above the number plate they are molded in plastic in the bumper and little slots in the bumper support pannel.

hope this helps :cheers:

yeah mentioned to them that i thought s13 pads would fit, but according to them they dont, might wait till tomor and see whats the latest news from them.

in regard to the AFM been different to the green one, thats quite interesting, is the capabilities the same from both or does the purple one have a lower voltage range?

yeah noticed the front bar slides and stays on the pumper support by itself. but i just couldn't comprehend that only 2 small screws would hold the whole thing in place while the car is moving. oh well....was mainly trying to mount it better on the sides so it fits better rather like it is now ---> http://members.optusnet.com.au/beneale/ima...firo%20(25).jpg (yes car has since been cleaned and looking much nicer :cheers: )

Nice lookin ceff - I love that grill if you wanna get rid of it lemme know (can swap for normal).

Uhm - as for the front bar I have mine held on by 2 zip ties. I've already hit something (unseen rock) and the whole thing popped off, luckily, instead of ripping off.

So - if you plan to drift (or hit huge rocks that aren't visible) then consider that too :cheers:

Yea mine is only held on by two screws each side, they seem to do an allright job though.

Mine also has a RB20DET with a Purple label AFM which sucks because i think mine is stuffed and its hard to find a replacement in good condition, i heard that a Z32 AFM will be ok except for a bit of re-wiring.