SAU Community

Just got my R32

Hey guys just a few noobie questains:

1) firstly my car comes with the motorised front spoiler/extention. however it seems to always go up whenever i pull handbrake down. is this factory settin. it seems that the car wont let me drive with the spoiler down.

2) i have check my coolant levels and the over flow bottle levels(all good) but my temp sensor is still displaying a bit above half. is this also normal? my brothers R32 show only half way.

thanks for you time peoples.

(1) Front spoiler comes into action at approx 75-80 km/hr. It wont activate until that speed. If the hand brake is on and you press the spoiler down button, the spoiler comes out -> t his is for cleaning purposes for the spoiler. It goes back up once you disengage the park brake.

(2) Could be a slight innacuracy in the temp sender unit ?

Provided it doesnt keep rising, but stays at approx that temp, it should be okay ?

#2 may need a new thermostat or yeah, sender unit. Have you flushed the radiator?

If you get time take the radiator out and flush it with a hose. I used to work at a radiator place where we took the tanks off and put rods down each tube, you wouldnt belive how much crap was in a radiator till you saw it, even newish cars developed gunk in them after a couple months.

hey, could you show some pics of the motorised spolier? I've got the button in my car for them, but don't have the actual spolier....just curious to see what it look like...

cheers