SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i have found that you do have to play with it a bit to get a nice settingf or your car, ive adjusted it in and out at times, and stays about the same amount of boost, can be a bit tepremental :D but once you get it where you want it, it works extremely well!

these look like a nice little unit that would suit my application perfectly (want to run around 10 to 12psi, but with quicker spooling etc). I was going to go for the Jaycar IEBC, but if these do the job NEARLY as well, then there's no point!

Emailed Mark about ordering one :P

these look like a nice little unit that would suit my application perfectly (want to run around 10 to 12psi, but with quicker spooling etc). I was going to go for the Jaycar IEBC, but if these do the job NEARLY as well, then there's no point!

Emailed Mark about ordering one :)

yeah these do change the way yr car drives. I had the turbosmart bleed valve and it over shot like a bastard. I set it on 10 but was overshooting to about 12-13.

I bought one these babies and set it to 10. now it over shoots to almost 11 and then back to 10, bloody perfect. and boost comes on soooo much earlier its like a new car to drive, no bull#$%@!

buy one yr crazy if u dont!

install is piss easy, just remove the stock t peice and plug it in. near your air filter, wind it down and away you go.... :cheers: one end goes to wastegate and one to the throtle body

post-24678-1135117729.jpg

Edited by Ezz35

just installed it on my stock 33 gts-t, man it jus redefines acceleration, feels like a new car. ONLY thing im a bit worried about, is when i flat foot i hear a rattling sound at around 5000+rpm mark. I thought it might be the T connection hitting as i just left that. I took the T off, and still makin the sound. It might be the actual controller tappin on the air filter clamp/strap thing, or some other metal.

Staunch be carefull you don't launch your motor.

One is a very very silly person if they simply wind up boost without throwing it on a dyno. If you have a std fuel pump, chances are its 10yrs+ and its getting a little lazy, as a result you hear rattling.. or whats known as detonation.

Detonation will kill ring lands damn quick.

Don't be hearing that noise otherwise the next time you do you may be waking in the morning to see a slight trickle of smoke from the exhaust, it will from then on get very bad very quickly. :D

I want one. I get full boost (15psi) at 5500 and make 225rwkw. My damn Turbosmart shitvalve ebc won't let me go over 15 though. I want 20psi!!!!!

DO IT!!!

When I first installed mine I wound it in what I thought was a little bit (from the setting it was delivered with) and I hit 21psi first run and backed off in a hurry. Wound it back a bit and hit 15psi dead on the nose and solid as a rock.

It's easy to drive off boost with light throttle applications, but when given full throttle I am getting 15psi by 3400rpm.

Subsequently I have my old EBC up for sale :blink:

remember when testing, dont just jump straight on WOT to test it - at least give it 1/2 or 3/4 throttle just so when u go "shit, thats double my normal boost" you can stop quick enough before it does any damage. make sure u test in a highish gear so it doesnt all happen too quickly! (although id think this would all be common sense)

No worries, I don't think I'll do any damage. My engine is built tough for Australian conditions. I might have to go to my mechanic to see how to install it though. :)

yeah your mechanic is shit!!! lol

Australian conditions...did you put pushrods in it while no one was looking...hehehe

Personal joke for those about to try and flame me...

hahaha also yeah that pic was blatantly stolen from the page before.

my cars at the shop right now (snaped exhaust manifold studs) so i havnt had a real chance to wind it up, bu before that happened was boosting great and stayin at 12psi ^_^