SAU Community

Opinions on used R33 deal

Hey,

I've been looking for a R33 and found one in Canberra that seems OK. Its a 96 GTST with 63 000kms, alarm, airpod, exhaust, & in exc. condition. The only negative is it seems a bit expensive-$22 800 w/ 12mnths rego, and after trading in my car-93 Laser w/190 000kms. Any ideas whether this is a resonable price from a dealer? I was thinking that if I looked in Sydney/Melb I could get the same deal for around $20 000.

Here's the link:

http://hallauto.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/De...lias=hallautoau

Any opinions appreciated!

Cheers.

I suggest you look much harder.. You can generally pick them up for about 17k-19k.. So i suggest you look n look, till you find something cheaper.. OR bargain wit him.. go cash in hand.. n bring the price down to 19k or something..

Look in forsales section n see how much they genrally go for..

ohh just looked at the link you posted up.. hmm its a series 2.. well in that case, about 20k should sound rite.. does it come wit warranty??? hmmm maybe even try private sales.. could cost you less..

canberra ones will generally be a little more than sydney, melbourne and brisbane due to not as many being around (well some would say) if you want cheaper go to sydney but S2's are still worth a bit more maybe not that much i would think maybe 19 - 21ish

Cheers for your thoughts guys. I was pretty close to a deposit on Monday, but now thinking I'll wait a bit and see if the dealer will budge on price. I had another look at the car, and the windscreen seals are peeling back, and the rear wheels have a bit of outside wear (perhaps they are rotated from the front and it needs an alignment?), so I think I'd prefer the dealer to fix them in the price--I'd rather not buy a S2 and have to pay for other stuff before I think about wheels etc. Otherwise, I'm going to Melbourne next weekend so I'll have a look there.