SAU Community

EL dials with 300km/h Speedo

Shaneo

has anyone come across somewhere that sells EL dials with a speedo that goes up to 300km/h to suit skylines? my brother has a set for his GTiR. i've had a good look around on the net today, but to no avail.

yer, the autoshop website has instructions on how to install the sets they sell, the demo car is even a R33. but if you are still wary about doing it yourself, any autoelectrican would be able to do it. i'll be doing mine myself though. if you really want, maybe getting some help at one of the dodgy mechanic days is an idea, would save the cash on paying for labour for the autoelectrican.

theres a place on evans road in salsibury, does calibration and wil;l install the guage faces for you, linol otto calibrations, or something to that effect. Quite cheap too.

theres a place on evans road in salsibury, does calibration and wil;l install the guage faces for you, linol otto calibrations, or something to that effect. Quite cheap too.

did you use these guys for blacky?

do you know how much the calibration is? if not i'll give them a buzz

yer, the autoshop website has instructions on how to install the sets they sell, the demo car is even a R33. but if you are still wary about doing it yourself, any autoelectrican would be able to do it. i'll be doing mine myself though. if you really want, maybe getting some help at one of the dodgy mechanic days is an idea, would save the cash on paying for labour for the autoelectrican.

Im pretty sure Rory would be able to help you out, as for calibration, just make sure the needle is in the exact same place before and after installation maybe place a marker.

Michael

Im pretty sure Rory would be able to help you out, as for calibration, just make sure the needle is in the exact same place before and after installation maybe place a marker.l

That only works it you get the standard 180km/h speedo dials, i'm looking at getting a 300km/h speedo, which requires the speddo sender signal to be modified (calibrated) to the new scale on the dial. installation isn't a problem for me, just getting it calibrated. dale (my bro) put 300km/h dials into his gtir 6 months ago. think think toby may have helped him. he just needs the cabilration done also. i believe all they do is put a resistor into the wiring.

i fit them myself, but if i was doing it again i would be getting them to do it as the speedo never worked properly i broke a little spring in it.

50 bucks for calibration of tacho and speedo, and not sure if they did temp, fuel and oil pressure but they all seemed to work good.

shane can u let me know how much they charge to modify the signal, maybe i can get the factory infinity dials to work properly if its not too expensive.