SAU Community

4WD to RWD - with a switch

this is simply to show the ppl that have R32 GTS4's or GTR's how a switch is hooked up to change between 4wd to Rwd. it is a very easy process once your shown and you can do it yourself very easily. simply hook up the respective wires(yellow and blue) between the switch and the fuse box under the dash on drivers side as shown in pictures. hope this helps some ppl out there. this is a very handy feature of the R32 as R33's cannot do it. good for warming up tyres before a launch!

I've heard also that this modification can be bad on the transfer case and transaxles. Is this only for R33/R34's because of the fact that the clutch packs in the transfer case are always riding a little? If so, then dang I won't have any qualms about either a) simply removing the fuse that controls the 4WD or B) riggin the switch or c) even maybe thinking about a controller...maybe...money spending (grumble)

sorry, havent been able to check out the post for a good week+. My net has been down, damn kooee! and only just got it back up. i'l make a how to guide in next day or 2. im gonna be pretty tied up but i'l make it as soon as i can. and i'l make the pics alot clearer, espec' for sarumatix, hehe.

• 3 weeks later...