SAU Community

Anybody got Simmon's rim's on there 32 GTR's

Hi guy's,

Just wondering if anybody has Simmon's on there R32 GTR's.

Ive been thinking of getting Polished FR19 inch simmons for my GTR and was wondering how they would look.

Do simmons come to suit GTR's and if so are wheel spacers required at all does anybody know.

Yeah they look great ronin but ive never really seen any on GTR's for some reason.

Anybody done any price checking on what customised FR19's are worth to suit a R32 GTR.?

What would be the widest i could get under there comfortably in 19's without scrubbing.

I think the reason why no one is running them of a GTR is because:

1. compared to a lightweight jap rim, they aren't that light

2. compared to a japanese rim (second hand, or even new) eg Work Emotion KAI in F/S sections they will be expensive (my FR17s were around the $600 mark each i think)

3. there are tougher looking exposed-bolt japanese rims SSRs or alike

On a 32 I would think a 9.5" or 9" will be as wide as you can go - PM "2GU UP" I think he is running 19s on his R32GTR - and ask him the offset as well. Then you can go to Simmons and get them made up in the same size (if they don't already have that fitment)

:)

Hmm yeah not to worried about the lightness just looking for some nice looking rim's with abit of wow factor and they are quite a stand out rim, for drag racing purposes ill just stick to stock R32 GTR rim's.

Also have always really liked FR18" simmon's and now there in 19" it's something i think should look quite nice.

Somebody has told me simmon's are going to have them (FRs) coming out in 20's in the not to distant future, has anybody else heard that or am i just having my chain yanked.?

2GU UP car look's nice, say where did you get your R34 front seat's and how much were they.

s13drifter yeah ive seen the 1 on the front of zoom it sez there FR17's on it but i will take a peek on the other forum's.

just look for a 32 GTR with Work Meisters. they are about as close as you'll get... i havent seen simmons on a 32 GTR before. ive seen them on a 33, but not a 32.

honestly i dont see the point in paying the money for the rims. not compared to lightweight japanese rims. my dad has some on his gt40....custom made 15"x13" they are heavier then my Work 18" x 9".

cheers

Linton

i have seen a r32 gt-r in brissy, a wine red aussie delivered one with black centered simmons, completly stock otherwise. looked pretty good! sorry no pics..

problem number 1 is they have soft rims... slight bump, aka small RTA sized hole in the road = flat section rim :)

here is a pic of my 32 GTR with R34 rims.... $2500 plus rubber for BBS made forged 18 x 9... u cant beat that!

problem number 1 is they have soft rims... slight bump, aka small RTA sized hole in the road = flat section rim :)  

here is a pic of my 32 GTR with R34 rims.... $2500 plus rubber for BBS made forged 18 x 9... u cant beat that!

I agree with Ben - they are soft rims - i had issues with my BMW.

PS, aren't R34GTR rims forged by RAYS not BBS?