SAU Community

Thread for After Sydney Cruise

REDGTT

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe, Minh !!! Was damn good meeting you finally, you'll have to disregard my WRX comments .... it was the beer talking :) Unfortunately I had a few work mates leaving on the day so I spent the most of it at the pub ;)

Now that I've met you I say you should take on those keyboard warriors, I rekon they'd end up the worse off :D

Back on the topic of the cruise, it was stated somewhere that "Its a pity you guys couldn't KEEP UP". I'm not too sure how things usually work so if what I'm saying is incorrect, shut me up now :) I thought that cruising involved taking a pace that enabled the pack to stay together, and this is not the responsibility of any position be it front drivers to slow a little or rear drivers to give it some more, but the pack as a whole has to have an awareness of how everyone else is driving, not just how they are driving themselves. They have to stay aware that lights will not stay green forever allowing all cars through, which obviously splits again, and at most Syd intersections your looking at a fair while until your green comes again ...

To me the split seemed to occur from the go at Macca's, I assumed people would get out on the the road, wait up until all cars were started and on the road, and then start off on track.

There was also confusion as some vehicles who were not taking part in the cruise but met up at maccas obviously went different ways either to go home or somewhere else, and if you happened to be following these people well .....

All in all it was still enjoyed .... even if just for the large consumption of take away food :D

LOL Jimbo no probs man. Rather I found you to be a very spunky person in character indeed.

Yes I did meet one of those keyboard warriors once and for the sake of my friends house I didnt do anything but I knew the guy was shit scared. LOL Some people just dont realise when to shut their mouths hey?

So what did you do after the cruise? Did you hang out with shell or go straight home?

Man we should hook up again later on champ.

Spunky ... I can live with that :) I had to come straight cruisin from work so unfortunately you caught me in my work uniform :)

After the cruise, well atleast after the second "cruise" round Sydney to the rocks etc, we all split, Shell and I went back to where she was staying. Had half a beer (had to share ;) ), talked alot (would you believe I talk alot ? I think I'm one of those guys who doesn't know how to shut their mouth :D ) and then called it a night, even though it was 5am .... Walked back to Museum station, hopped a train, back home exhausted after being awake for 23 hours, crashed on the kitchen floor :lol:

We will certainly meet up in the future ! I'm going to have to start going to the gym so when I stand next to you people don't think I'm a twig :D

I only stayed and thornleigh maccas for about 15 mins and went home. I just went to look at the cars, and i must say i was very impressed. I felt sorry for that guy who rocked up in his 180 or silvia, couldnt really see it, which had just suffered a hit a run with only 3rd party insurance.I wanted to drive around with u guys but the night before was kinda a HUGE night so i was feeling kind of tired

:fart:

Mayhem:

from what i understand it was the skyline guys that first organised the cruise, and then you were invited along? If so, then the polite thing to do is let the skyline guys run the show. If they wanna sit around and have a chat then so be it, its their cruise.

The meeting time was 9-9:30, most people got there at like 9:30 when you guys had already been there for ages, again not their fault.

I got there at about 9:30 and was a little pissed when you guys started leaving so early because i only came for a chat at thornleigh.

SDU4EVA:

awwwww was that you in the green rexy.......i was thinking, what kind of idiot would park a wrx in the midst of all the nissans jk :)

I didnt really meet anyone except for mikey in the rolla and a few of andy gsi's mates.

I was the clown who turned up in the smashed s15 :)

Mayhem : check your pm - my knobs comments was in bad taste and i apologise.

Without wanting to sound like some sorta natzi it was a curise that was organised by ONARUN mainly and the skyline forums and keeping everyone together to enjoy the cruising experience is normally more fun.

I wasnt at thornleigh so i will just ask did any of the silvia guys inform the skyliners that they were leaving or did you all just bail?

IM not trying to stir anything up although SEVERAL comments have been made concerning the driving of some of the silvia guys after our last visit to the ridge where a silvia (unknown driver) nearly hit one of our parked cars while trying to drift or handbrake or god knows wot.

There was a lot more communication needed between the organisers and silvia nsw granted.... im not sure who posted the original thread inviting the silvia nsw club but whoever did or does in future should supply contact numbers so we can all stay informed.

once again, "Knob" was a sarcastic comment and not intended as it seemed.....

Nic

FATBUG was an outsider just doing a burnout LOL

Red900s. Dont be like that or I will have to spank your monkey LOL Why couldnt you make it buddy?:)

Xcuzme. Nice car. I am sorry to here what happened. Did you get their details? I hope so and thanks for liking my wrx. Its sexy isnt it? hehehe. I love your rims they are beautiful! well done on such a neat car. You should of came up and say hi. Where abouts do you live again? Around south west? Someone said you lived at Bondi?

Deluded which car did you come in ?

Man I dont care what people say I want a skylinesaustralia cruise next time only so we can establish whos who. So we can sit down and chit chat and even have dinner or a dink guys. ok!

Jimbo you dont look skinny? Well maybe next to my big buldging biceps. LOL:lol:

Guest mayhem
Originally posted by XCUZME

Mayhem:

from what i understand it was the skyline guys that first organised the cruise, and then you were invited along? If so, then the polite thing to do is let the skyline guys run the show. If they wanna sit around and have a chat then so be it, its their cruise.  

Well we were not told anything but the meeting time, we all got there and there was a fair amount of people arriving when we did.

We stood around for almost 45 minutes and nobody told us what was happening, so we (mainly Snezy cause he is the main man) started asking whats happening, in the end we made a decision to get going, we thought that either we would head off on our own or people would follow and we could get the cruise on the road. If we left early then I appologise, but we were unaware of whats going on from a lack of information supplied to us.

I must appologise for the actions of that member (even thou I have NFI about them or the incident), we are out to have a good time and sometimes people take it a bit to far, good fun is all well and good, but I would prefer people to do "crazy shit" away from other peoples cars.

BY BY: Appology accepted, maybe next time we can all make sure we know whats happening and the night can turn out better for everyone.

i came in the shit box 1984 prelude. i dont think he got the guys details

it did seem a bit rushed though, cause about 15 mins after i got there everyone left. as i was leaving there was a group of 5 cars leaving alone. i think i would have been better if everyone just followed one another.

Mayhem: thankyou , im friends with Phil and was fumbling for his number to find where u were headed after you left.....

Making sure there is a contact within each club attending organised cruises is important.... it aint easy keeping everyone together.

BY BY

DLuded: may have been xcuzme..... his car was hit a while back though - not a pleasent thing.....

Hopefully nobody had any more problems.....