SAU Community

Why cant a RS260 sell for $39,990.

DRIFTT

I still cant belive that the White Autech Stagea RS260 is here in Perth for $39,990 as it is a tidy car and a Brisbane dealer wants $48,000 for the same car.

It has had a few people trying to buy it just finance as usual on imports.

I still cant belive that the White Autech Stagea RS260 is here in Perth for $39,990 as it is a tidy car and a Brisbane dealer wants $48,000 for the same car.

doesnt the autech stageas come with GTR interior, and this one doesnt have it, and 80 000km is getting on with the 26 and u cant be sure about km's either, so it ends up a fair wack of money if engine goes, plus it has rb25 as the engine on the blue plate and its only got the rb26 engine details on the little sticker under the inside of the bonnet instead of usual rb25.

does the vin number say AWC34 or just WC34 as when i went to nissan looking for parts he found the autech stagea has the "A" at the start for it to be genuine :D

its got the brembos, gtr diff, autech rims, and a few other things i cant remember from an autech but what about the rest? maybe all the autechs had RB25 as the engine on the blue plate because it was done after by Autech which is a totally seperate company?

so is it or isnt it?

*just my personal opinion on what i seen*

cheers

Brad

All have the blue plate saying RB25, not sure on interior as to what it is fitted with, never know with an Autech car.

Looked at last 3 months sale price and 2,000,000 plus for under 60,000 klm one so at $40,000 it isnt to bad at all.

1998 STAGEA 260RS AUTECH F5 2600 63,000 klm WGNC34 AC AW PS PW 1,995,000 Grade 4

1998 STAGEA 260RS AUTECH F5 2600 76,000 klm WGNC34 AC PS PW 1,845,000 Grade 4

1998 STAGEA 260RS AUTECH F5 2600 81,000 klm WGNC34 AC AW PS PW 1,755,000 Grade 4

interior is def not gtr interior just different finish gloss black i think and also a new centre console piece as well as different door inserts seat trim and dash gauges and so forth and if i remember these cars are built as rs4's then shipped to autech and stripped down and rebuilt as rs260's id say its genuine

doesnt the autech stageas come with GTR interior, and this one doesnt have it, and 80 000km is getting on with the 26 and u cant be sure about km's either, so it ends up a fair wack of money if engine goes, plus it has rb25 as the engine on the blue plate and its only got the rb26 engine details on the little sticker under the inside of the bonnet instead of usual rb25.

does the vin number say AWC34 or just WC34 as when i went to nissan looking for parts he found the autech stagea has the "A" at the start for it to be genuine :P

its got the brembos, gtr diff, autech rims, and a few other things i cant remember from an autech but what about the rest? maybe all the autechs had RB25 as the engine on the blue plate because it was done after by Autech which is a totally seperate company?

so is it or isnt it?

*just my personal opinion on what i seen*

cheers

Brad

THEY ALL HAVE RB25 BUILD PLATE ,THE A IN THE VIN # THING IS CRAP ,THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT TRIM THAN ALL OTHERS AND IS NOT GTR .

,HAVE THE ORIGINAL VIN PUT THRU NISSAN FAST AND IT WILL GO INTO A DIFFERENT BLUE SCREEN WITH AUTECH JAPAN ON IT ..THEN IT LISTS DETAILS LIKE RB26DETT ETC... MINE DOES

THEY ALL HAVE RB25 BUILD PLATE  ,THE A IN THE VIN # THING  IS CRAP ,THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT TRIM THAN ALL OTHERS AND IS NOT GTR .

,HAVE THE ORIGINAL VIN PUT THRU NISSAN FAST AND  IT WILL GO INTO A DIFFERENT BLUE SCREEN WITH AUTECH JAPAN ON IT ..THEN IT  LISTS DETAILS LIKE RB26DETT ETC... MINE DOES

well there ya go, i thought it would at least of had a little plaque thing to say Autech or whatever like HSV's do etc, but obviously not and as i said it was just from what i seen :Paranoid:

i can belieive its still there....have a different look at it ...car vs limited market,

how many "families"want high performance twin turbo charged station wagons ..90% of families out there that are in the $40-50K car bracket will buy the NEW magna with 5/10year warranty easy to finance /insure maintain etc ....KIDS inspire financal responsibilty in most parents and autech 260 is not responsible purchase from most families point of view

The 260 is a family wagon that very few families can justify owning given the initial cost and on going costs like insurance ,heavy on fuel etc ..it is totally unpractable car from these points and major concern for any "normal" family...not saying that my family isn`t normal (..others might..).but if i wasn`t in the trade and love gtr`s and have a partner that will put back the house reno ..so daddy can have a fast car..i wouldn`t have one ....

ps: DRIFTT passed final inspection on R34 application yesterday ...plates in 2-3 weeks :jump:

i would say its a hell of alot more practicle than any other skylines, except id say the stagea rs four is alot more suitable for the reasons jake said above :rofl:

but perth is a very limited place when it comes to cars, and 99% of older family men like holdens and fords v8's but they obviously have never even heard of the 260rs and similiar cars that will munch there v8s and they are one-sighted so there ya go :rofl:

but when they see a volvo shaped wagon go past there new vy ss or whatever like its standing still then they may possibly realise :chairshot

i love the look on peoples faces as u blast past them with ease hehe :crazy:

btw the cost of doin mine is more than the price of the 260rs, but i got alot more mods, and i got all labour for free as i did it all at home :) but i tell ya the easy way is to buy the 260rs haha if only i knew when i got mine and the fact i already had the rb26 engine which is in perfect cond and was from my VL Calais, i may have well bought it :Pimp2:

cheers

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Exchange rate is about 0.9 so would be about AUS$31,500

There is an even more interesting stagea listed today

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-31277633.htm

Im not selling these car's or anything just giving you guy's an idea of whats available over here at the moment.

Not sure about importing to Aussie, a lot more complex than importing to NZ anyway.

Exchange rate is about 0.9 so would be about AUS$31,500

There is an even more interesting stagea listed today

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-31277633.htm

Im not selling these car's or anything just giving you guy's an idea of whats available over here at the moment.

Not sure about importing to Aussie, a lot more complex than importing to NZ anyway.

I just put that link in a post as well. I didn't see yours first. You kinda stole my thunder.

As I asked in my post, did they ever come with R34 front, or is it a chop job?

• 2 weeks later...