SAU Community

Anybody done this??? TV

MsG_ChRiS

I put an in dash one in recently, and i love it:) wouldn't look back, and when i sell the car i can take it with me...

Just for your interest, i was looking at buying a civic vtir before the skyline and it had a tv their, and i ended up not buying it for that simple reason.. as to get rid of it i would of had to replace the whole dash, and he wanted to take it.

My suggestion, if you want a tv or tvs get an in dash one, and put two in the back of your head rests...

Dayne

mate i rekin its a top idea...it would look so mad if you had it properly installed and the screen sat flush with the dash. you could make it look 100% factory.

as for the law about TV's while driving...there is certain loop holes....the obvious thing is it has to be wired to the handbrake, so that it only works when the hand brake is on...but thats as simple as making a by pass so that you can use it when the hand brake is off...

the new BA fords have screens in them...so there is definitely loop holes in the law. its a good idea man, just needs to be thought out properly....

great idea though, i rekin it would look sweet as!

I will be doing something to that nature with my laptop screen. I already have a monitor in the top slot for the stereo, but stand-alone is sounding pretty sweet. :(

My idea will include a fibreglass housing for the angle to be perfect for the driver though, no flush mount on mine. Mix of because i love doing fibreglass and because it's meant for me anyways.

i have been tryin to get the proper authorities position on the matter (the rta) but so far i have just been passed around from one operator to the next, they dont reply to my e-mails and its really starting to bug me ...

think maybe its about time i payed them a visit grrrrr.....

=/

Hay buddie, i've just recently got a 7" tft screen from side to side, and it does take a fair while to do it, my mate did my system for me, i'll see if i can get a picture for you, and yeah, you lose a passenger side air vent, and you have to use zip ties to hold the screen mount in place, and then pop the screen in place, i also have a clarion 7" touch screen in my dash as my main head unit.

youi get ots of lookers. i;ve been pulled over by the cops too and they didn't say anything abt it beeing illegel having a screen in the passenger side dash. you must have a passenger if you have the screen on while driving.

i'll get some pics up soon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Welcome to Sydney's top source for superb natural marble tiles, your dependable Natural Marble Tile Suppliers. With years of industry experience, we take pride in providing the highest quality marble tiles supplied from the best quarries around the world. Our broad assortment demonstrates the eternal beauty and elegance of natural marble, which is ideal for enhancing the aesthetic appeal of any environment, whether residential or commercial. At our Sydney showroom, you'll find a wide range of marble tiles in a variety of colors, patterns, and finishes, each carefully chosen for its unique beauty and exceptional quality. Our dedication to perfection guarantees that each tile meets the highest standards of durability and craftsmanship, making them excellent for floors, walls, bathrooms, kitchens, and other applications.    
    • The price isn't the issue, it's how hard my fuel pump is to remove now. I fabricated a custom bracket so my pump sits on the very bottom of the tank (I ran the tank down to 5L remaining to test it, works well). But it is a fkn NIGHTMARE to get the pump down into the tank now =/ words can't describe how much I hate fighting with the fuel pump/hanger now. The other issue is reliability, I'm driving down for WTA in a couple of months, I'd be less then impressed if I was half way to Sydney from Brisbane and my pump fails again =/ The other issue I had was my car battery was slowly failing, with low battery voltage my fuel pump couldn't keep up with what the reg was asking from it. I've replaced the battery and my fuel pressure is back to being perfect.  As for the low voltage situation that killed my previous battery, I've got a 150amp alternator sitting on my desk waiting to go in. Fingers crossed that will sort that issue. 
    • OK so I just bidded $500 on an R33 GTS4 that no one seems to want. Waiting on a call from the agent to see if I won. 32 GTS4 is for sale. I can't deal with the temptation to mod it.
    • Might be there for work later in the year. Wouldn't mind catching up with you fellas - can't have too many beers, but will consume copious amounts of takoyaki while executing an asian squat on the side of the road while you blokes sort out your hangovers.
    • I know one example is a anecdote not data, but I'm running the same Aeroflow 525 at full voltage through a regular relay, and while I've had other fuel problems including melting the factory fuel hat, the pump itself has been fine for years. Of course, they aren't *that* expensive these days, you could swap in a new one and see if the issue is resolve. I think you had a previous thread about fuel problems, have you been monitoring and logging fuel pressure? Is there anything voltage related (for example does the voltage go up when the pressure goes down)