SAU Community

The Murano In Aust!!!

Smurf

Nissan's Murano (spelling?) is now for sale in Aust. I think it is a great move and ever since my trip to Canada 2 months ago have been wondering why we miss out on cars like this and the Infinity series (G35 in particular).

I think they are one of the best looking 4wd's going around. Not sure about it's off road credentials or levels of equipment.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

I think the murano is going to replace my current 4.4 X5, I'm staggered by the level of built quality and equipements for the money!!!

hey hungry6

are you really willing to give up one of the best sounding v8's on the road? not sure about the 4.4l but the 4.8l sounds awesome.

maybe with a little exhaust work the 3.5 murano would sound good.

hey hungry6

are you really willing to give up one of the best sounding v8's on the road?  not sure about the 4.4l but the 4.8l sounds awesome.

maybe with a little exhaust work the 3.5 murano would sound good.

Nar, I'm not going to miss the X5 trust me, As for the exhaust note, my Audi RS6 has got the best stock exhaust note in the business, bar non!!

Nar, I'm not going to miss the X5 trust me, As for the exhaust note, my Audi RS6 has got the best stock exhaust note in the business, bar non!!

are you having me on hungry6? you don't have a RS6? do you!!! do you really have a X5.

i love the way the flames shoot from the exhaust on my RS6, on the playstation anyway.

No I'm not having anyone on, I got a few different set of wheels, and the RS6 in one of my fav. daily driver.

My brother is also on this forum and he drive a red one, mine is a one of custom blue.

We have them at work(i work for nissan) and to breifly explain them, its basically vomit on wheels. with tacky plastic interior.

I work at the same complex as Nissan Sydney Homebush and the Murano was first seen here months ago.

It doesn't even get a 2nd glance given there are so many 4WDs in this complex.

It's not as bad as you make out but as far as this forum is concerned, it's another 4WD.

T.

It is basically a front-wheel-drive wagon — like the Maxima — but gets power delivered to the rear wheels when the front wheels lose traction.

Murano isn't one for the bush, just a front-drive wagon that seats five adults

And the base model is $51,990

Good for what it is i guess..

agreed ^^^.

i actually reckon it doesnt look all that bad.... sure it might not be some high performance sports car, but for the car it is and the market its aimed at ( primarly familys i'd assume ), i think it will sell well.

If you are that rich and can afford a x5 and rs6 u dont also own a gts-t or gtr do ya????

I'm not trying to brag or what ever, as I've said before, my passion for skylines have date back ages before these forums came up, I think I might be the first person here to own a r32 gtr, one of the original aussie delivered one, but since have own others, I also enjoy my r33 gtst that is powered by a RB26det, more so than the others, as it is the car, that has been taken furthest away from it original intent by the manufacturer.