SAU Community

Greddy E-manage 'ultimate'

Noxious

OK just some update on the progress of emanage ultimate...

Got a call from Trent at Mercury Motorsport over the weekend, He say they finally got the car started with the unit installed, now they just need to do the tuning and hopefully they won't be too much drama in that department.

Trent told me it was pretty much the 1st emanage ultimate installation in QLD, not sure if he meant on GTT or all car, as they were trying to compare notes with other technicians.

Praying it will finally be done today of tomorrow. Oh btw, the Blitz SBC i-color is done.

What's with this thread???????????

I asked jas/slo32

Was that an AFM or MAP sensor driven Supra?

And I get no answer.

MacGuyver asked rd-runr

That's pretty good, was it on an auto or manual? If it was an auto, was it with the injector harness only? What other mods did you have at the time?

And he gets no answer.

I ask rd-runr

Is that fuel tuning only? Or ignition tuning as well?

And I get no answer

hoo@h has his car at Mercury Motorsport on the 26th August and they still have it. Now the guys at Mercury ain't inexperienced with Skylines and they couldn't get the EManage to work in 10 days of trying. For a product as expensive as EManage that seems a little excessive to me.

I don't think I will ever seriously look at an EManage as a solution for tuning on any of my cars.

:) cheers :(

What's with this thread???????????

hoo@h has his car at Mercury Motorsport on the 26th August and they still have it.  Now the guys at Mercury ain't inexperienced with Skylines and they couldn't get the EManage to work in 10 days of trying.  For a product as expensive as EManage that seems a little excessive to me.

I don't think I will ever seriously look at an EManage as a solution for tuning on any of my cars.

:P cheers  :)

well, they gave me a quato of one or two days to get it fitted and tune, but endup been almost two weeks now.

I guess because the Emanage ultimate now have all these new stuffs to work with auto, the wiring of fuel+ignition+ auto assist got complicated or something. I don't know, not a tech head myself.

Anyway, will have to see if the result is any better than say a blue Emanage.

Don't get your knickers in a knot princess, not everyone lives on the internet and tediously checks every thread they post in daily. :P

I have a shit load of mods sitting in my house still, need to get em all installed, should be a painfully expensive process.

so are you saying the installation manual is incorrect for the skyline(s)?

surely MM can follow wiring instructions?

Well, I actually print out the whole english manual for them, I guess either the wirediagram is bit hard to follow or they never read it. I don't know.

At least everything is hooked up now and the car starts, will Have to see what else can go wrong and hopefully getting my car back before this weekend.

Hey Nox, are you in Brisbane as well? Have you decided on which place to go to get your ultimate install? I guess MM will be the best place to go once they get my lab rat sorted. Coz by then, they will know how to wire up and what will go wrong.

I suppose it's too early to tell but has anyone heard of any problems with regards to Emanage Ultimates? I'm about to get an Emanage Blue back from Trust Japan after I returned it on warranty, apparantely the unit "wouldn't communicate with the stock ECU". Just wondering about my options incase the Emanage is a lost cause for me when it comes back (if it still doesn't work). Does anyone know if the injector harness for an Emanage Blue will work with an Emanage Ultimate (I still have the "Blue" harness installed in my car!) or maybe I should just get an SAFC II and cut my losses.

"Oh no it's the cops!"

"Worse, the police cops!"

Well, I actually print out the whole english manual for them, I guess either the wirediagram is bit hard to follow or they never read it. I don't know.

At least everything is hooked up now and the car starts, will Have to see what else can go wrong and hopefully getting my car back before this weekend.

Hey Nox, are you in Brisbane as well? Have you decided on which place to go to get your ultimate install? I guess MM will be the best place to go once they get my lab rat sorted. Coz by then, they will know how to wire up and what will go wrong.

Oh well...let us know how it performs.

The latest news from MM this morning, sad but true.

The final decision has been made, the guys at MM had tried their best and had contacted all the people they known but still can't get it to work.

Basically, when they connect up the whole unit to the ECU, the car runs rich at start and as the car warm up it start to run thin and then the engine will cut out, plus the auto assist goes funny, when they put the car into drive, it always start in 3rd gear not 1st. And please don’t comment on the technical ability of MM, unless you have successfully done the installation and tuning of the “Emanage Ultimate” on a R34 GTT automatic.

So unfortunately, we are calling it a quit today, there's no point of dragging it on without any more information. So on till there's more info available for the ultimate unit n GTT auto setup, then I shall bring my car back to the workshop.

Please let me know if anyone else has the unit and had it working with R34 GTT automatic in the future.

Good luck Nox, hope you can get yours to work, and please inform us if you do get yours working.