SAU Community

Purchasing A Lambia Sensor

gtst25

Gidday all,

I'm thinking about buying a lambia sensor and having a go (carefully) at tuning my car myself. ( have a friend who's tuned a few vl turbos etc) Just wondering if anyone can recommend any brands and know prices? I know my way around my pfc pretty well now - it can't be that hard - just time consuming but a great learning experience. Every time I get my car tuned it costs a good whack - and I'd like to check AFR's every now and again anyway.

I saw a thread sydneykid made ages ago about buying a lambia sensor and hiring it out for a week for a fee - did anything come of that?

Cheers

Its lamda :) Or more commonly known as a wideband o2 sensor.

I recommend innovate motorsports LM-1. I have one and its great. Only thing is that you have to buy it from overseas. Thing is IMO its kinda hard to isolate load points on the street for a novice tuner. Dyno is always best..

Edited by Busky2k

Thanks fellas,

I'll see what info I can get on those brands.

I can hire a friends dyno dynamics dyno for quite cheap so will probably do it that way.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
or you could buy local from techedge

http://wbo2.com/default.htm

That's what I've done - got the 2E0 kit with bosch wide band oxygen sensor - it was the cheapest option.

I'll get it tuned professionally but it'll be a good thing to be able to check AFR's whenever I want.

Cheers

Hmm I've been quite keen to look into this, so roughly what are we looking at here for prices?

And do these sensors go into the factory O2 sensor port? I'm reading into it now but a quick short cut to the basics wouldn't be so bad? :P

If you read on the techedge website they say not to mount it too close to the turbo as they won't read right. The best place is before the cat - probably in the down pipe - that's where we'll mount it.

It wasn't as expensive as the ones from the states - all up under 400 AUD with the wide band O2 sensor although I'm not sure how good it'll be.

Wide band oxygen sensors have come down in price a lot.

http://wbo2.com/lsu/sensors.htm

I got the 0 258 007 057.

I see that motec use the 6066 which uses a bigger opening and is quicker to react but apparently can cause it to be sensitive to exhaust gas temperature fluctuations (probably most likely in a turbo application) because of this.

The 7057 was around 150AUD if I can remember correctly.

Cheers

nice info!!!

so has anyone got any concrete info on AFR's and what other people are using? like race teams etc etc?

No idea about race teams - a normal number from what I've seen is 14.7:1 for closed loop (apexi pfc) and under full load 11.9:1, although I've heard people say they lean out to 12.5:1? @ full load - guess it depends how safe you want your tune.

There's a good topic on tuning with a pfc in the stick forced induction quick reference guide at the top of this section.