SAU Community

Help Or Information Needed

Jonts

Hi all,

Hope that someone can help out or even point me in the right direction as a bit stuck at the mo...

I currently work as a Purchasing Officer buying cars all day long...(lucky me ;) ) but not for me instead for clients which is awesome but I would like to now have my own car.

I have wanted a HPI for around close to 4yrs now and still haven't gotten around to getting one as yet partially because I have a mortgage and have to support a family which is also all good.

The Q here is do I stay at my place where I feel I am not getting what I should really be getting having looked around at other positions in WA for the same thing and they getting around 10k more than what I am one...What the???

Yes I have spoken to the company and at present "we are not in the position to blah blah blah.." but they are in a position to renovate the building next door to make it into a cafe/kitchen area that hardly anyone uses at present..

I love the job I do and have been doing it now for 2 years and would love to keep on doing it however I too would like to own a car of my own to cruise,drift whatever in and still keep the house and take care of family etc...or do I go back into my old style work as a Helpdesk/desktop support Officer which was cool but still not cars, right..;). Plus current job like 15mins tops from home and not train to City but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on but would like some feedback from the people that own the cars and have the same interests.. If you got any comments or ideas please let me know either way.

J-D

You stay in your current job - buy all your cars through me ...... as I work for a fleet dept so I can see some mutual interest here ..... and I live happily ever after. :lol:

Have you asked for a payrise? My experience its better to do what you love and get paid a little less than doing what you loathe and geting paid a little more .... which usually gets chewed up by having to buy anti depressants and therapy sessions to just to get you through the door of the workplace each day anyway. ;)

look at options carefully and never judge from the surface of things.... i have learned in many cases grass is not always greener on the other side...

like nizmo said money isnt everything... as you can get more pay but less enjoyment...

also if they are renovating im sure it is for a reason... no company is gonna waste money unless its a govenment dept.

maybe you can give some recruitment agency as they can help you look for jobs.... i think they only get a cut once you get a job so they will be keen to help you get a job you like...

ontop of that look in a long run...

do you have a future at your job? is there room to move up?

if not get the F*** outta dodge and go for a better opportunity...

sometimes taking the long way is the quickest way to sucess....

good luck!

masahiro