SAU Community

G'day Wa Guys, Just Brought A 33 Gts-t!

Sweet_Gtst

I just brough a R33 Gts-t, 95 model apparently.

I'll be honest, I was actually shopping for another Nissan, but after I drove the 33,

I had to have it. . . So I haven't done that much research on them. Was wondering if anybody could help with a few queries on the car:

The car had a turbosmart bleed valve installed and was spiking real bad, so I removed it and put pressure straight onto the actuator. It is now better, but I noticed that next to the AFM there is a Soleniod with some chopped piping, should I reconnect it? If so how?

The rear Skyline garnish lights up green, so do the footwell lights, is this standard?

The suspension seems pretty damn hard but it is quite high, just how stiff is the stock stuff?

There are quite a few small mods that I think are defectable, unsure what to do about them yet, I'm 20 and I live in Cop central. . .

Anyways thanks in advance . . .

I'll be honest, I was actually shopping for another Nissan, but after I drove the 33,

I had to have it. . . So I haven't done that much research on them. Was wondering if anybody could help with a few queries on the car:

The car had a turbosmart bleed valve installed and was spiking real bad, so I removed it and put pressure straight onto the actuator. It is now better, but I noticed that next to the AFM there is a Soleniod with some chopped piping, should I reconnect it? If so how?

The rear Skyline garnish lights up green, so do the footwell lights, is this standard?

The suspension seems pretty damn hard but it is quite high, just how stiff is the stock stuff?

There are quite a few small mods that I think are defectable, unsure what to do about them yet, I'm 20 and I live in Cop central. . . 

As for the defects I imported mine & don't have the originals for mods, but haven't been pulled over yet for a "random" vehicle check, hopefully it stays that way. I will just have to deal with it if it happens. I hardly ever see the law out when I am driving, but as you said if you live in an area with a lot of police, then you might have more chance of a check. But considering I (an you) bought the car with the mods, and as you said they are small mods (I guess pod filter, exhaust etc), really you should not have much trouble, and if you do if you just explain the situation it should be ok. A change of air filter does not make your car unroadworthy, which yellows are meant to be for.

The lights at the back are probably green globes, but mine is also a 95 & they are white. I have a/m suspension but it is quite rough too, you feel every single bump. Some say that's a good thing, but it isn't going around corners.

Hello.

You have no boost control at all now? I would be reconnecting the factory one or the turbodumb controller you disconnected and turning it down to 10psi (it will only spike to 12psi at the most which should be fine).

Green lights in the footwell is not standard. Someone has put some in for you for 'rice effect'.

The factory suspension is 'firm' when compared to a new family car. If your kidneys are not getting bruised then it's unlikely that you have anything more than some slightly uprated springs. going too low on a GTST is a sure way to root up the handling and alignement becomes an issue.

Defectable mods? The pod filter (if you have one) is easy. Just get rid of it or make a cold air box for it.

have fun mate.

Hey guys, thanx for the input, I think the suspension must be standard cos it has plenty of clearance, just a lot stiffer than my last car, which was an import also, I didn't think the green lights were stock hey. . .

With the boost control, I have connected tubing from the wastegate actuator straight onto the compressor outlet piping for a signal, onto the nipple the turbosmart bleed valve used to be on, and just removed the valve, i think this should give me standard boost levels?

It is a lot smoother now, no spiking, running ~8 psi according to my guage.