SAU Community

Turboxs Dtec

The Fuel Tuning! you can turn your DTEC into a powerful electronic fuel computer or boost controller. The DTEC fuel computer adjusts the Air/Fuel Ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal against engine load and RPM with tuning resolution that is second to none. The DTEC boost controller provides you with total control in either open or closed loop operation, all the while allowing you to display, record or playback any of the input or output signals like RPM, MAF or MAP.

The DTEC is a highly versatile, customizable, upgradeable performance tool that gives you a good excuse to go out and buy yourself a Gameboy. Buy make no mistake, the DTEC is no toy. It is a highly advanced and powerful tool for automotive performance tuning.

The DTEC mut have the Game Boy Advance to operate the DTEC. This allows you to tune the DTEC..

Also incl is a KNOCK LIGHT/SHIFT LIGHT for FREE Valued at $189

If you have modified your vehicle, then the factory engine management system may not be delivering the correct amount of fuel. The DTEC-FC can be used to restore the correct amount of fuel to ensure optimum performance. The DTEC-FC works by altering the main load signal to the factory ECU. Increasing or decreasing this signal by an amount determined by the DTEC-FC’s programmable map can manipulate the factory ECU into delivering the optimum amount of fuel for the engine. The DTEC-FC uses additional inputs such as engine speed and throttle position/MAP to determine the requirements of the engine. The DTEC-FC incorporates four user programmable points of throttle position/MAP to scale the amount of fuel perfectly through 18 programmable RPM ranges.

When you mechanically increase the fuel flow on your setup by either larger injectors/pump or a fuel return line that increases the fuel pressure, you’ll need a way to dial back that fuel electronically. The DTEC intercepts the factory MAP/MAF signal and fools the vehicle’s PCM into thinking you’re consuming less boost/air flow into the engine. This provides the vehicle with proper air fuel ratios along with preventing the PCM from retarding timing or hitting “fuel cut” due to maxing out the factory MAP/MAF sensors. The DTEC-FC gives you the ability to save four different fuel maps for different boost pressure and fuel type settings. Drive everyday on your pump gas map, then head to the track and switch to your race gas map after you fill up with the good gas.

The DTEC fuel computer not only has the ability to fine tune your air fuel setting, but also gives you real time vehicle sensor gauges such as TPS/MAP (load), RPM, Knock Count, Injector Duty Cycle, EGT (with optional EGT sensor), and Wideband Air Fuel (with optional Tuner box). The DTEC will also datalog all of these sensors for fine tuning.

Included with the DTEC fuel computer is a remote mounted KnockLite that doubles as a programmable shift light as well. The KnockLite is completely programmable and adjustable to view and understand severe knock and light knock with the different colored LED flashes. You can also program your shift points with the KnockLite to have your own built in shift light in case you don’t know how to read a tachometer.

FAQs

1. Does the DTEC-FC come with a Game Boy Advance?

No. You will need to purchase the Game Boy separately.

2. Can I use a laptop computer to interface and tune the DTEC?

You can use a laptop to upload and download fuel maps with the DTEC, however real time datalogging and fuel map adjustments need to be performed with a Nintendo Game Boy.

3. Do I need to keep the Game Boy in the car at all times?

No. As long as you do not want to view the gauges and datalog, you only need the Game Boy to make adjustments to the fuel maps. The brain of the DTEC-FC is what holds all of the vital information, not the Game Boy.

4. Do I need a tach driver to run the DTEC like I do with the SAFC?

No. Turbo XS incorporated the tach amplification into the KnockLite so there is no need for any additional tach driver for an accurate RPM signal

PRICE for this is

$499

This is to suit any car. not just skylines or Silvias

Troy

PSR

post-19909-1126958632.gif

• Latest Posts

• I realise that perhaps no one will in Japan will see this, but why not try anyway. What are you driving in Japan? I have a (sniff (;_;) ) 2018 Toyota Corolla Sports 1.2L Turbo 6MT. It has a class trailing 116PS and 190Nm power/torque... 😐 Why? Because back in 2018 there was only 1(?) manual transmission car available from Toyota which was the 86 (not including the Mark X GRMN 2015/2019), so when they released this one I had to support them by getting one in the hope that they would continue to release more manual models. As it turns out they released the Supra, Yaris, and GR Corolla all with manual transmissons after that. Mods are RSR Ti2000 Down springs, HKS panel filter, 18x8.5" Weds Sports SA-20R Face F with 215/40R18 Toyota Proxes Sport tyres. Eventually a full exhaust, boost controller sub-con, Blitz turbocharger and aero parts will be added before it gets replaced... 
    • It looks proper factory fitted. It's exactly how I would do it. Well done 👍
    • Head sold. Block returned and back for sale. Block has some damage to cylinder 6. I was too rushed in taking photos and putting it up for sale to do a proper look at each cylinder. The cylinders are all stock bore, but cylinder 6 probably needs boring out or a sleeve. Negotiable on price for block.
    • Hi. Long time. I did not drive this car to much. But problem is still there. There is no code in any program. Any idea what that should be? MAF is new original/clean one. Spark plugs/coil pack is ok. New fuel pump. All filters/oils are changed.