SAU Community

Missfire At 5,000revs

Noxious

Recently my Gt-t has started missing a little at 5k revs it is worst when I plant it (auto) and it has to kick down an gear into first, sometimes it's quite violent other times its not even noticeable.

The only mod is the exhaust and that was done before I bought the car. Any idea's?

yeah mine does it too.

it used to do it all the time, but then i regapped plugs idown to 0.6 it only does it evry now and then now.

When i regapped the plugs i checked all my coils they looked perfect. It still does it though so i really dont know the exact answer and i dont think anyone does.

someone has said the computer doesnt like higher than standard boost and it richens it up which results in the popping you me and many other are experiencing.

the exhaust you have on will cause a slight boost increase over standard so the ecu might be doing it???. Mine started doing this when i put my exhaust on so i can sort of see the logic behind this theory.

So at the moment i am saving for splitfire coils and safc2 hopefully that fixes the problem. If not its got me fkd and i will sell the fkn thing and get a gtr.

I love my car but this stupid problem really pisses me off. SAFC2 and new coils better fix it

also it seems as though its a more common probelm with the auto's

if someone knows the exact answer and is not just speculating like me and others

please HELP!!!

i dont want to spend all my money on safc2 and splitfires only to find out that it was something else. hehehehehe that would drive me even more crazy.

Thanks for the replies.

I will checkthe coils. I also have a fair few mods being put on, on tuesday, so I will get the mechanic to have a bit of a squiz while he is poking around. Will also regap my sparkplugs at the same time, so hopefully the problem is fixed.

If not I hope my new ecu will fix the problem. That will be getting installed and tuned sometime after tuesday.