SAU Community

Performance Advantage

|PRESA|

Couple of questions on whether these parts fitted to an RB25 (R33) would work as a performance advantage..

RB26 (R33 GTR) AFM??

RB26 (R33 GTR) Coils??

I know of one person running R32 GTR Coils and Ignitor on their RB25 and pulling some decent power.

Any ideas?

neither.

AFM - wont work with stock ECU, and no point changing unless you've maxed your current one out

Coils - Unless your current ones are stuffed there is no point.

For $600 a brand new set of splitfires is gonna be hell more worth the $$

Couple of questions on whether these parts fitted to an RB25 (R33) would work as a performance advantage..

RB26 (R33 GTR) AFM??

RB26 (R33 GTR) Coils??

I know of one person running R32 GTR Coils and Ignitor on their RB25 and pulling some decent power.

Any ideas?

A single gtr afm would be a disadvantage over a rb25 afm. better off getting a z32 or a q45

well if after 6 months it dies (which after 10 years is more likely than a brand new one)

Or it could be faulty, no way of knowing as sometimes a faulty AFM can appear as other problems which will cost $$$ to diagnose

Think about it, you've pretty much wasted $300 where if you spent an extra $150 you possibly save in the long run.

Hence why i hardly use 2nd hand parts where i can and ive never had a reliability problem in terms of those parts

Z32 - $450 delivered from nengun brand new.

you wont need a Q45

or a 10 year old one will cost ya around $300-$320

but it new is what im getting at there.

Z 32 TT $430 brand new with plug.

We have seen too many 2nd hand ones that have been immersed in water/opened and resealed/no screens/oil contaminated to even bother with secondhand. :D

Cheers

Ken

Totally agree Ken.

My price was only rough however, get on nengun and find out :)

I brought mine 12 months ago and was the least of my $$ worries

You can also get a Bosch one, which im told can be the same as a Z32 voltage wise etc.

They are half the price (~$230) but as yet untested by myself with my contact who was telling me about them. So im not reccomending at this stage

Might trial them later this year with my new motor

Totally agree Ken.

My price was only rough however, get on nengun and find out  :)

I brought mine 12 months ago and was the least of my $$ worries

You can also get a Bosch one, which im told can be the same as a Z32 voltage wise etc.

They are half the price (~$230) but as yet untested by myself with my contact who was telling me about them. So im not reccomending at this stage

Might trial them later this year with my new motor

I'm running two bosch units on my GTR off the shelf unit bought from Repco with very nice plugs, i was luck as i know a guy who worked there so i cant comment on price. BUT they are the same as z32afm the plate everything as bosch make the afms for nissan.

pete

do you know like the part number or anything exciting like that :D ??

the bosch idea sounds pretty good..

I'm running two bosch units on my GTR off the shelf unit bought from Repco with very nice plugs, i was luck as i know a guy who worked there so i cant comment on price. BUT they are the same as z32afm the plate everything as bosch make the afms for nissan.

pete