SAU Community

My System Suggestions

STUGTS

Originally posted by hippy

i don't have 6x9 in the back .. still got the stock speakers ... whats a decent pair of speakers i can get that will fit the back for say 150-200 bucks??  and splits for say 200??  also will i get good enough bass by running these normal speakers ... i mean i just want something which i can listen to while saving up to get the amp and sub???  but still be good enough til i get the amp and sub without having to replace them.

thanks

Keep the stock rear speakers and spend all $ on the front. Spend $400 on the front.

If you got a sub in the rear you won't hear it as much cause the sub is there and it'll muffle the rear speakers anyway. Midrange is best kept at the front, long with the tweeter. The rear speaker is just to fill in so nothing spectacular is needed.

Keep the stock rear speakers and spend all $ on the front. Spend $400 on the front.

here we go the big debate about only having decent speakers in the front!

my opinion you need decent in the front/back depending on how you set things up!

What you do with those those standard rear speakers.. take them out, and throw them as far as you can hurl with your best throwing arm... cause they're pieces of turd.

Don't bother keeping them if you're running anything - they will actually just buzz and sound crap at any volume that you'll want to match to good front ones. They'll probably just let the whole thing down. Even if you only spend $150 on rears, they're going to sound a hell of a lot of better than the factory speakers.. and my thoughts are that, yes, you do need ones in the back to fill everything out.