SAU Community

3 way or 2 way 6X9?? does it fit on R33?

Pva_Glue

Hi all I have absolutley no idea what I'll get for my sound system...

ok My front speakers are almost on the way to dying..etc.

I am thinking 6&1/2" Splits at the front and 6X9 at the back shelf.

I really dotn want subbies...and $$$ that I dotn have much.

so I hear MB quartz are quite good!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MB Quart's are one of the best quality speakers on the market in my opinion (and a lot of other people's too). They start to get very expensive compared to other brands, but it's worth the cost for clarity.

go here: http://www.mbquart.com/

cheers

Brett

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should've looked at your car more closely next time I see you brett

so 6x9 fits at teh back? and two way or 3 way? which one gives you more bass support, because I hear if you have 3 way at the back and front then it will interfere with front splits ion close cabin like R33. do I still need a amp?

Cheers

Joe

Hey Joe,

Next time we go on a cruise I'll give you a look at my quarts. You should be able to fit 6x9's in the rear shelf, and there shouldn't be any problems with interference. Personally I'd go with 2 way 6x9's so that the top end sounds like it is coming from the front of the car instead of behind you.

Brett

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Diabolik1

If you can fit the 6x9's in the back shelf, can u use the original covers to cover them up?

or do u have to go with the covers that come with the speakers??

im not really keen on having Sony or something on the back for everyone to see....?

I reccomend DLS 6x9's/7x10's also if you don't want subs. I don't reccomend the mainstream brands - Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer (but they are OK -- Loud, but dont sound too good.) Make a custom parcel shelf out of MDF, with built in pods for the 6x9's or 7x10's and get it vaccuum vinyl covered or similar, or carpeted, whichever you like. If you don't want subs, but want bass, i suggest DLS 7x10's. They sound good, are loud, and not TOO expensive either.

Guest Diabolik1

Thanx for that Ryan,

I was after 7x10's originally because youre exactly right, i dont want subs etc, but want a bit of bass..!

I was under the impression that the only 7x10's were the Kenwood HQ's...so i didnt even know about any other ones.

ill look into it...thanx.

PS. where do u usually get the DLS 7x10's from? any online stores?

Thanx

dls_1070.jpg

DLS 7x10 2-way Speakers. 1 Swivel Silk Dome Tweeter + grilles & Crossovers 100 WRMS

Price: $499.00

DLS 7x10 2-way 1 Swivel Silk Dome Tweeter + grilles & Crossovers 100 WRMS. These speakers will thoroughly impress with both solid bass and good sound quality. Take one look at these, and few would argue that they are not the ultimate oval speakers ever made! From the classy, chromed baskets to the huge subwoofer-sized magnets, they look more like subs than speakers. The 2 voice coils are also larger than in some 12 subs! Quality swivel mount silk tweeters and separate passive crossovers ensure the usual tight, clear and natural sound quality characteristic of DLS speakers. You also get really loud bass! The DLS 7x10s fit into 6x9 speaker holes.

There you go

They're definately worth the extra ~$200 over Pioneer etc ones..

I also suggest you get an amp to run them, and your front speakers. A couple of good budget amps are the Jaycar 4x100 and the Clarion VNET4100, but i reccomend you save more and get a better quality amp it will be worth it in the long run. You will still have a decent stereo system without subwoofers.

Remember, the deck says "4x50w" or whatever, but thats PMPO, which works out to be like 4-5w RMS. Not very much power at all.

Here is the details of the Australian distributor, look on their website or give them a ring.

Australia:

Eurotech

285-289 Port Road

Hindmarsh

South Australia 5007

Phone: (08) 8346 2555

Fax: (08) 8346 2888

E-mail: [email protected]

Homepage: www.eurotech.com.au