SAU Community

Good Mechanics

JC_R32

Ive been to a few and let em tamper round with my car, i dont mind being a test dummy if i get a % off. So far so good, nothings gone wrong.........YET!!! But tilbrook auto and dyno are quite good, can be expensive at $70 an hour. Turbo tune are pretty good down sth road, but if its jsut a tune, its not hard to undo ur oil plug, drip dry it and replace an oil filter at the same time. Timing belts can cause an issue. but try one of those two.

• 2 weeks later...
Im lookin at buyin a 180 or 32 real soon.

would boostworx be a good place to get it checked ova b4 i buy to make sure im gettin my money's worth.

something simillar to an RAA check but for turbo cars?

im sure it would be possible. it would just be a matter of booking an appointment at boostworx and organising it with the owner of the car. then get compression/leak down/turbo problem tests done.

My GTR has just spent a good week or so in the hands of Trevor and the other great guys (and girls) at FBI.

Really friendly people who care about what they are doing. And did a fantastic job on both my car and Mel's 32.

www.fourbrotherimports.com.au

(check out Mel's 32 Neo that is still for sale on there!!)

turbo tune = no!!,

from personal experience and a new motor stay away from turbo tune which i had to pay 4

Graham west = NO!!

from my father who did his apprenticeship with graham don't trust the bloke and my friend who went in for a replacement radiator on his evo I came out with a $1700 bill and drove out of the workshop on to the street and not make it home turns out he had a blown gearbox again the workshop took no responsiblity

however BLACKWOOD DYNO is the best very fairly priced and know what they are doin