Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Thank you Duncan, and I will say, before reading GTSBoy’s response, this was more or less my logic.  I can’t argue with that. The part I couldn’t get past was thinking that the speed sensor in the 30A was replacing whatever was in the AT transmission before, and therefore completing the prior circuit.   The other thing that I failed to mention was that, across all HKS documents, despite mentioning compatibility with AT R34s, there is no mention of a different pin. These Japanese instructions appear to predate early man, so there’s always room for error.    I’m speaking with the seller of this R34 GTT ECU with Nistune at the moment. It’s pretty cheap and eliminates the possibility of me soldering my fingers to the ECU when installing the board myself. I am yet to confirm whether the base ECU is from an MT or AT car, so the question is: When using an MT ECU in an AT car, and then losing the TCU part, are there any other implications?   Another thing I’m not sure of is whether I can pass local regs with a TCS warning. Of course, swapping between ECUs is a fairly simple task.
    • yeah i have done it on my efr8374.. no issues.. sent it to OCD Works in the US.. locally i know hi spool industries do the mod as well
    • How much are these worth these days?
    • Not saying you shouldn't go with the Borg Warner EFR stuff, however have you looked at Turbosmart turbos? They're pretty much a better version of Precision turbos.  
    • haha, the world will always have KB warriors! I'm shipping my car to japan this year, so want to upgrade before I ship! E85 is extremely expensive here so will leave it on pump.